Latest resources

2018 Formula 1 Carset BryceO84
2018 Formula Carset for the FORMULA 1 Mod by VSR.
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - CrashClaimR.US Camry - CAL daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
66 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
61 - Pit Boss Camry - PHO1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
13 - Unsponsored Camry - VEG1 daniele
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Sony confirms GT6 for the PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
From Forbes.com
One reason Sony didn’t showcase a new GT6 at PlayStation Meeting 2013 is because it’s racing to PS3. When it comes to driving games, Sony’s biggest franchise is Gran Turismo. The franchise has sold over 65 million copies worldwide of Gran Turismo games on PlayStation, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and PSP over the years. The most recent game, GT5, was a huge hit with sales of over 7.5 million copies.

Polyphony Digital is currently working on GT6. But it might not be driving to PlayStation 4. Michael Denny, senior vice-president of Sony Computer Entertainment Europe’s Worldwide Studios, told Silicon Republic at PlayStation Meeting 2013 the following:

“Look at the games coming out on the PlayStation 3 like The Last of Us, Beyond: Two Souls, GT6, and then on the third-party side of things another fantastic Assassin’s Creed, GTA. It’s important for our content to have that kind of longevity because, as I was saying [about the PS Vita], the games that come through are going to get better and better over time.”

Now there’s no ruling out that GT6, which Kazunori Yamauchi, president of developer Polyphony Digital, has confirmed is in development, won’t also be released for GT4. But Sony instead focused on a new game from Evolution Studios, DriveClub, to put front and center for its big PS4 reveal in New York City. You can see the full presentation in the video below.

“There are more and more opportunities for gaming because people are spending more times on games now than in the past and I believe that people will spend more time on playing games in the future than they are today and it will not only be in the living room but in various places and I believe that that trend will continue,” said Yamauchi at the 10th Annual GT Awards in Las Vegas this past fall. You can see the full interview in the video below.

Polyphony Digital President Kazunori Yamauchi Talks Gran Turismo Franchise at GT Awards - YouTube

Racing games have been an integral part of any next gen launch. Nothing showcases the capabilities of a next gen system like a game that can replicate the sense of speed that precision vehicles traveling at over 100 miles per hour through gorgeous landscapes. At this point, I expect DriveClub to be ready for the launch window for PS4 this holiday.

As for GT6, which is such a big franchise that it can launch any time of the year — including outside the lucrative Christmas window. It makes more sense for Sony to sell that franchise to the tens of millions of PS3 owners worldwide and then offer that game, or another version, to PS4 owners once that installed base grows.
Sony Exec Confirms Gran Turismo 6 Coming To PlayStation 3 - Forbes

Markfan

Sim Racing Designosaur
SRD Member
Reaction score
Considering GT2 and GT4 came out late in their respective system's lifespans, I'm not surprised it's for PS3.

ShadowKnight508

Esteemed Senior Member
Staff member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, color me interested. Doubt that GT6 will have anything NASCAR in it (since Activision owns the rights and uses them for NTG).

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
That's good i guess. I'm guessing that whenever it's released more people will have PS3's than PS4's, so it does make sense.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
GT5 was horrible in all aspects. Not expecting much from GT6 and wont be getting it. They blew it last go around with the hype, delays and then delivered a bad game.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well, color me interested. Doubt that GT6 will have anything NASCAR in it (since Activision owns the rights and uses them for NTG).
Eutechnyx has the rights not Activision & they are non-exclusive rights meaning anybody that wants to feature NASCAR in their game just simply has to pay NASCAR the license fee.

Something to potentially think about
GT2 had roughly 22% more cars & 40% more tracks then GT1
GT4 had roughly 25% more cars & 66% more tracks then GT3

Using that theory GT6 should ship with around 1,341 cars & 112 tracks.

That would be 255 more cars & 39 more tracks. The tracks are relatively easy to come by, the GT5 DLC tracks, plus the missing fictional tracks that had their logos spotted on the GT5 website (in some random part of the site that was hard to get to) along with Bathurst (confirmed to be scanned/photographed for GT6), Willow Springs (seen in the Corvette video), possibly Circuit of the Americas, possibly Silverstone, possibly Sebring, as well as potentially a few new fantasy tracks. Remember GT Academy driver Lucas Ordoñez also confirmed a while back that GT6 would have a "Jaw-dropping number of tracks".

As far as the cars, well there have been a ton of new Production & Racecars since GT5 released so hopefully they make up the majority of that 255 instead of it just being more variations on the 1980s/1990s Nissan GTR.

With Bathurst being in the game & the relationship/love affair PD had with Nissan I could easily see the Nissan V8SC being in the game and I could see GM wanting to have both the Commodore & SS in the game (both race & street versions). I suspect the Toyota LMP1 car will be in, as will likely the Audi hybrid LMP1 car & whatever the new Corvette C7R looks like.

I would love to see Indycars in, but only if they would make the Indy 500 endurance event the actual Indy 500 (I understand the limitations graphic wise so I'm not asking for 33 cars, but atleast make it Indycar/openwheel only). In addition to that I would love to see the generic GT openwheel car get an update as it's been the same since GT3 or GT4.

Karts if they could not be implemented further (including adding shifter karts) should be dropped IMHO & replaced by something like a Legends car.

One thing I would love to see with the endurance races, especially the Le Mans 24 is a class system, with GT5 there is no point in using a GT class car because you won't win.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I tired the Karts when I got the gt5. I hated them. Not sure why I just did.

I am with Allen on this one. The only way I will buy it is if they add more tacks. I more cars would be nice. But Add more proper race cars. Also let me race mod any car if I can not get roper race cars. Like fisha, I hope they do not add 10 of the same car.

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Glad it's for PS3, because I don't see myself shelling out the money for a PS4 anytime in the next few years. I still enjoyed GT5, so I don't see a reason that I wouldn't go for GT6 as long as I have money for it when it comes out.

I just hope they put the current generation Mazda 3 in it, I'd love to get to use what I drive in real life in the game.

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I just hope they put the current generation Mazda 3 in it, I'd love to get to use what I drive in real life in the game.

Unless its made by Nissan or Honda. Don't expect any thing good. My car has been in the last two games. In the game it handles like a truck.

Enter Sandman

...And Justice For All
SRD Member
Reaction score
Heh, I wouldn't expect much from a simple 4 cylinder compact sedan that cost under $20,000 anyway. It's just one of those things that would be fun just because its the same car that's sitting in my driveway.

gwoodard41

SRD Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome if they could put in fictional brands and models in the game... if anyone could guess what I'm referring to...

kcobb9

SRD Member
Reaction score
Yeah they could put the Tm Master cup and ARLA in the game. Lol ;P

tipptruck

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I get what you mean sandman. It is cool being able to drive your own car in GT. When I got forza. The first car I bought was the SRT4. Forza did a way better job on the handling part. In the gt games. Like I said the car handles like a truck. There is tons of wheel spin and under steer. Yes there is under steer in my car. But in the game it feels like its plowing in to the turn. Were in real life I can control that a lot better if it plows. The only time I get wheel spin is if I drop the clutch. Kind of hard to spin a fwd car with lsd and 205 ultra sticky tires.

Status
Not open for further replies.