1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Speaker Pelosi announces formal House Impeachment Inquiry of the President

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by Darren Ingram, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

Oh boy. Gonna be interesting to see how this unfolds. There’s about a negative 5000 percent chance that the Senate removes him from office, but if the President has broken the law, he should be impeached.

2. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

I don't feel like this is the thing that he should've been impeached on since he's going to release the transcripts from the phone call with Ukraine's president anyway, so I doubt there'd be much in there that would put him in a worse position. If anything, I see this possibly blowing up in the Dems faces towards next year.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  3. Darren Ingram

I mean he's already admitted to this whole thing, and his story has changed a few times on the whole withholding aid thing, a la Stormy Daniels, so something seems fishy. Just another thing to add to the list lmfao.

I will say, this is the most enthusiastic I've seen average people get about Trump's impeachment.

Tetronix likes this.
  4. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

It's all political theater. Until there's a vote on the House floor literally nothing has changed. Also, I find it odd that they're going after Trump "if" he did this when Biden has admitted on video to doing the exact same thing. Your seeing stupidity of epic proportions from all involved.

Added note: It's going to be hilariously when its revealed that the whistleblower has Obama/HRC personal ties.

5. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

This isn't even the worst thing he's done, so for this to be their "smoking gun," they'd better be damn sure they have something or else 2020 is going to go south, I guess depending on your view points.

Also, Trumps kids, specifically Ivanka, have business dealings all over the world, currently, and that's okay, I guess.

6. JNieder51188

The Trumps had business all over the world prior to him being President. If you look up Hunter Biden's history its pretty dang sketchy, but then again there's a reason all the money went through the son and not the father.

RacerXero84 likes this.
  7. MillsLayne

MillsLayne #18N19

Oh yeah, I'm not excusing what Hunter was doing by any stretch and I know a little about his "stuff" in the past, but the Trumps having business before his presidency doesn't necessarily excuse what's happening after he was elected. He's had a few lobbyists that are or were members of his various private clubs, who pay dues, eventually appointed to senior government roles, while some of his companies have received payments from foreign governments. All while he's been in office. That seems like a conflict of interest.

Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty damn liberal, but I also don't think this is a good move and I'm wondering if Pelosi finally decided to go for an impeachment inquiry because Trump went after Biden's son and Biden is the old guard's "chosen one" for this election cycle. We'll see what happens, but I bet this backfires.

8. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Funny business aside, as much as I don't like Trump, I'd rather him be in office til he bites the dust than have Pence take over for any amount of time.

9. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

How do you know that he has ties to anything. It could be, as being reported right now, John Bolton.

10. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Zero chance this pans out.
    Part of me thinks this is all a charade brought on to, in a roundabout way, tank Biden politically. Everyone is talking and looking into Ukraine, and the Bidens come up a whole lot more than a phone call from Trump.

However, I think Brit Hume has it right: I think Pelosi is just allowing some pressure from the lefts more extremist wings to blow off through this. Im actually wondering if she will leave them holding the bag when it fails too, which would deligitimize them politically.

11. Darren Ingram

I disagree with this. The progressive wing has been calling for impeachment for a while, and it’s not like they alone had increased calls for it recently. I think this comes more from a lot of moderate Dems in purple districts come out in favor of impeachment. If vulnerable Democrats can come out on the record for impeachment, then they must think there is something there to go after. I think this is the thing that common, everyday people can understand. You don’t ask a foreign nation to meddle in our election to help you politically, and threaten the withholding of aid to do it.

I also don’t understand where people think this negative fallout is going to come from. Everyone already knows that there is a very close to zero chance the Senate convicts, and look at what happened after Clinton’s impeachment hearings, Bush won the next election (well... ya know).

I also agree with you Austin, I’d take Trump in office over the being that is Mike Pence any day of the week.

Tetronix and EarnhardtFan like this.
  12. JNieder51188

Because every other thing they try to get Trump on has been done with people within the Obama/HRC circle.

I think you hit a home run with this response. I think they (the DNC) never intended for Biden to stay in this long. He was probably supposed to bow out gracefully when Warren got close in the polls. Polls are manipulated and the DNC picks who they want regardless. Just look at 2016. Biden won't back out now because his credibility is being challenged by someone he loathes. Again nothing has changed until there's been a floor vote in the House and Pelosi took all the pressure off herself. She's not there for the Presidency. She's there long term for the perks.

13. Darren Ingram

The DNC establishment definitely wanted Hillary in 08 and we see how that turned out.

14. JNieder51188

Well they had her husband to thank for turning off voters to her.

15. canadienhits

The fact is you don't know who it is, I don't know, the Senate and House Intelligence committees don't know. The only person who seems to know is the subject of the whistleblower complaint. So you are making an assumption, not a statement in fact, yet.

16. JNieder51188

I never stated anything as FACT on the whistleblower. I just said its going to be hilarious when its revealed they have Obama/HRC ties. Maybe I should have said "IF" its revealed.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  17. canadienhits

Yea, if would have made a big difference.

Personally, I think the Democrats just gift wrapped the 2020 to Trump and a Republican majority in the House and Senate.

18. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

19. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Inb4 "ThAt'S nOt A tRaNsCrIpT"

The Dems are going to pursue this anyway, they are already too far invested.

Like I said with the Russian ordeal, let it run it's course, but lets have a FULL investigation of ALL aspects of government deals or potential quid pro quo on the part of government officials. Let's go back 2 decades at least and have a full exploratory investigation; open everything up.

I find it funny that the investigation into Russia flatlined and died post-Mueller Report, BEFORE we got to the FISA investigations that precipitated that, and I'll wager this "investigation" will do the same right around the time we get records involving anyone on the Democratic side of the aisle.

I for one am tired of it; either do the full due diligence and investigate all aspects and stop being selective in enforcing the rule of law, or shut up, sit down, actually LEGISLATE, as per your directives as elected officials.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
  20. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

This statement applies to both sides of the argument. I have no faith the inquiry will go anywhere, and even if it ultimately led to impeachment, the litany of issues with our current administration go far beyond the president. These proceedings will do nothing but create an even further political divide between parties.

MattyO, mtblillie and ThatOneShredder like this.