1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Speaker Pelosi announces formal House Impeachment Inquiry of the President

Discussion in 'Politics/Religion' started by Darren Ingram, Sep 24, 2019.

1. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Alright.... so now what?

The transcript is out, Congress has the whistleblower's report (viewed in a SCIF by members of the Senate and House).

THEN the Ukrainian President meets with President Trump (which had been scheduled long before this all came about) in front of the media, and HE even stated that he was not pressured nor felt there was a 'quid pro quo' (which was also absent from the transcript).

So.... what now?

Are we going to move on from this to the next "impeachable offense" (there's supposedly about 1-2 biweekly if you buy everything Democrats have been saying since 2016), or is this the hill that they choose to commit political suicide on?

I feel like it's the "Boy who cried wolf" on steroids. 2+ years of "Wolf!" every couple of weeks on this, that, another thing, or this again for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc time, eventually, people just get tired of it.

And that should scare people, because IF there ever WAS a criminal offense... nobody except the most staunchest detractors of the President are going to buy it. And THAT is dangerous.

2. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

I'd liken it less to "the boy who cried wolf" and more towards "the straw that broke the camel's back." There are a litany of political missteps that the House has grown tired of tolerating, with Ukraine only the most recent of callouts that will certainly continue until he has finally left the office.

3. RacerXero84

Flip that. "There are a litany of accusations that the population have grown tired of tolerating, with Ukraine only the most recent of callouts that will certainly continue until he has finally left the office in 2025."

Here's why I did that (not a dig at you, but an actual point to be made):

It's not looking good for the Dems in terms of support for impeachment, and currently they are absolutely struggling to gain a majority vote in the House (which they control, no less) to start anything exceptionally formal. As of right now, they are, at minimum, 4 votes shy of a simple majority (434 current with 1 vacancy, 235 are Democrats, and you can assume about 10-15 minimum GOPers are RINO's that would flip in an instant). That's not "unified" like AOC says it is (I still don't know where she gleaned that... maybe her math is off.... again).

JNieder51188 likes this.
  4. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Just gonna slip in the fact that Democrats have tried to impeach every Republican President since Eisenhower, and the only two Presidents to ever get impeached were Democrats (James Buchanan and Bill Clinton). Seems they're just a bit "cancel-culturey" with republicans.

*Edit: Would appear my facts weren't complete after doing further research. Andrew Johnson (Also a DEMOCRAT) was impeached from office in 1868

Last edited: Sep 25, 2019
    ThatOneShredder likes this.
  5. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

You know there's a simple quote that would summarize this whole thing said by a guy involved in all of this.
    It would just make things so much more thrilling if they held a floor vote and it didn't get a simple majority. It's a shame that a President serves at the will of Congress and not the people that voted for he/she.

6. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

Someone should question his citizenship. The people should ask for a birth certificate.

Seriously though, our government is a shit show. Really makes me wonder how long before it collapses under it's own weight. Maybe then people will actually stop hating each other and start working together.

7. Skyline

Skyline Graphic Designer Skyline Customs

Is it boogaloo time? I think it's boogaloo time.

8. RacerXero84

Careful, pretty sure Swallwell still is OK with using nukes on US soil.

Sad part is, that last bit is a dig, but based in truth. Welcome to the far left Democrats

Skyline likes this.
  9. Darren Ingram

Darren Ingram Moderator Moderator

I have to point out, you do know that Johnson and Buchanan would likely not be Democrats today. Both were relatively conservative in their time.

10. Virox6549

Virox6549 Well-Known Member

FTFY

Thunder98 and RacerXero84 like this.
  11. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Oh great here we go with the party switch myth.

12. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Not really switched so much as moved

13. MillsLayne

MillsLayne Told to stay in his ****ing motorhome.

While I still don't like the move from a strategic standpoint, now that the transcripts are out, I can't believe knowing that he did, in fact, strong arm the Ukrainian president (I don't give a shit what he said in that press conference, the transcript kind of says otherwise) into getting dirt on a political opponent for his own political gain and no other reason is accepted or okay. But, like everything else up to this point, it won't matter, nothing will happen and we'll continue this three ring circus we've been living for the past three years.

14. RacerXero84

Whistleblower report is set to be declassified today.

I find it interesting that the people who pushed for its declassification 1 - are Republicans and 2 - all consider it to be without anything damning. Nadler was asked about declassifying, and responded only with " we must move forward with impeachment post haste"...

So on the odd chance the house moves and votes impeachment (which will likely be along party lines).... it dies in the Senate, because the Dems dont have 2/3 majority to convict.

And in the exceedingly low chance they somehow do.... you have President Pence.... who can now run for two more terms, and is widely considered to be even more conservative than Trump.

I dont know what the left thinks they are doing (and dont give me that hyperbole about 'protecting the Constitution, they look to alter it constantly), but there is no road in front of them where they come out on top. Impeach Trump, you make a martyr of him and ensure a complete loss of control of all aspects of the government.

They lose no matter how you play this scenario out.

15. canadienhits

“real troubling things here”
    “Republicans ought not just circle the wagons”
    Sen. Ben Sasse (R) Nebraska

16. RacerXero84

Sasse is and always has been a RINO (well documented), everyone knows this, the guy runs with the (R) because it's useful to him and I'm surpised he doesn't caucus with the Democrats more often. Same with Romney (who I've despised for a long time), Collins (I mean, Maine.... that should tell you a LOT lol), as well as others. They are holdovers from a time where the GOP was a disgusting mess of sellouts to the very ideals of conservatism, more interested in lining their own pockets.

17. canadienhits

I guess you'd call a Moderate like me a sell-out too huh?

18. RacerXero84

There's moderates, and then there are sellouts and people who are interested in only furthering themselves and their bank accounts, so don't attempt to twist my words, case in point:

I consider myself a moderate (live and let live mentality, provided it doesn't impact my household directly). Sasse has sided with Dems more often than not, because it helps HIM, not the people.
    There are few ACTUAL moderates anymore in Congress. There's so little middle ground left.

Also, citing Sasse as a 'counter' to the point I made about R's calling for declassification and not Dems doesn't change that point. Now if you cited AOC, or Omar, or Pelosi, et al, saying that they needed to declassify it, THAT would be a marked point. But instead, Dems only comments were "impeach!".

It's now a moot point; it's declassified. So let's have a look. OH, and the Joseph Maguire is about to testify. This should be hilarious and fun, although I think he won't have the zing and zest Lewandowski had.

19. canadienhits

Ok, have fun with that.

20. RacerXero84

Thanks, I plan on it. It's pretty entertaining. I just wish the people weren't getting the shaft in the meantime while Dems waste time and resources on crap that will never pan out.