1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Cars. Flat's or Car Files?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by MattyO, Feb 6, 2016.

?

Would you rather have a .tga flat you can import yourself? Or a car file?

Poll closed Feb 20, 2016.
  1. Give me a flat! I like to steal and post your work elsewhere anyway. So this works out great for me!

7 vote(s)
    7.0%
  2. Give me the carfile! That way I can pop it in my folder, and go race against it in the game.

93 vote(s)
    93.0%
  1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

We've had internal discussions on what we should do for this 2016 season when it pertains to handling car files. So, what would you guys who download the stuff like to have? Please choose an option in the poll if you don't mind. And please sense the sarcasm in the poll. Don't get your panties in a bind :D

2. Oreius

Oreius Road Course King 102-0. Come try and beat me!

Me personally I could go either way, cause at the end of the day it will end up being in the game wither it's a tga or a full car file.

3. cabinetman

cabinetman Member

Voted, and then looked at the results. People are scared of that sarcasm, aren't they?

4. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

Guess so.

5. twcom

twcom Well-Known Member

a car file may include the pit crew and series adjusted ratings. So as long as there is a picture of the car I like a car file. Nothing is negative about a flat.
    twcom
    nr2003 4 life

6. thisguy

thisguy Well-Known Member

People can always just export the flat from the car file anyway.

7. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

Meh. Either way. I've had people ask me for files (that I knew were hosted here) and I told em to go here, simple as that.

It goes beyond just garnering site traffic; it's supporting the (amazing) content creators here. Hell, I know I've got most of the staff's threads on my bookmark file for quick access lol

Alan Harkleroad likes this.
  8. USSTalladega

USSTalladega Making a comeback!

Carfiles contain much more than just the scheme of the car as well as having a way smaller file size than having just the flat of a scheme and nothing else. A 2048 car flat alone is 12 mb while a fully done carfile compressed is less than 2 mb. I know that's enough of a difference for some people that have small monthly bandwidth caps.

CAkin24 likes this.
  9. nassau

nassau Well-Known Member

I like car files please. i just find them easier.