1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Indycar 2019: Race 20 - Indianapolis

Discussion in 'SRD IndyCar Offline League' started by Saan Anguish, Jun 18, 2019.

1. AntCurtain

AntCurtain Well-Known Member

Anthony Curtain: "Dammit. We were so close to a win. Either way, I'm super proud of this crew and everything we were able to do this season. Looking back on it, we had a lot of great moments and good finishes, which is exactly what we wanted to do."

2. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

"Congratulations to Connor for the win at Indy, Matt for his Oval Championship title, and Spencer for his Overall Championship title win! Looking back to this season in Indy, it was a season full of ups and down for us in the 98 team. While we hit rock bottom as I'm pretty sure we scored zero Top 10's in ovals, we hit our highs with the shock win at Long Beach and becoming the final Road Course Champion in this series. Hell, at one point we were third in the Championship!

Overall, I would admit that its sad to see that this season is going be the final one, but I enjoyed the trip to the IndyCar Series and now I am going to fully focus my attention to the Truck Series, where hopefully one of either me, Rogers, and Jennings can grab a win or two this season for RMR as well as on my debut season in the Cup Series with the No. 55 Harris team.

Thanks to the crew at English Motorsport for preparing the No. 98 IR12's, Sean for giving me an opportunity to race here, my sponsors Hatsune Miku and Pretty Cure, and more importantly everyone who has taken part in this series! If this series is going to be revived in the future, count me in as one of the drivers that will be willing to race! I might even bring RMR here too if its needed! Thank you everyone, and for those who also competes in either Trucks or Cup, see you on the track soon! ;) "

Saan Anguish and ahspencer01 like this.
  3. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

“Man, it’s not the way I wanted to win this Oval Championship, not finishing in the top ten, but it’ll do! I’m so proud of this Opp group for how they rallied after a tough start this year to bring two wins to this #10 team as well as most laps lead on the season, I believe? At this point last season I had announced I wouldn’t be returning to this series due to frustration with performance... man am I happy I changed my mind! Thank you to our friends at Patagonia for being a long-time sponsor and supporter of us, our Indycar team manager @canadienhits. Without John I have no idea where I would be in my career, he gave me my big break in NNS and I’m forever grateful to see what we’ve built together. And of course a big thank you to @Saan Anguish, @ahspencer01, and everyone else that’s been involved in this Indycar league over the years. I know running an offline league can be a pain but y’all have done a great job with it! We had a good run in the Indycar league and if it ever returns you’ll absolutely see an Opp car on track!”

Saan Anguish and ahspencer01 like this.
  4. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

92 - "Winning is for losers, am I right?"

[​IMG]

Tetronix likes this.
  5. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

"expletive expletive expletive get me the hell out of here."

6. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

Thanks for the season Sean and everyone who competed this season. Congrats Connor on the win and Austin on the championship.

7. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

HOLY SHIT LET'S FUCKIN GO BOYS! Best of all time, wasn't even close.

Really though, I'd like to thank my team and my crew for doing it right all season and always putting us a step ahead of the competition. It was tough, I didn't think it was possible, but here we are. Massive season, and it's a great way to send off the series, for me at least. Also thanks to DJ and Cary for signing on and driving the Spencer Racing name to greatness throughout the season, wouldn't be possible without them either. All our sponsors have been wonderful and supportive the whole way, without them I wouldn't even have a dime in my bank account. Now, LET'S GET SHITTY!

8. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Race Results, Final points, and more below.

Race Results:
    SRD Indy 300.png

Points Standings:
    Points after race 20.png

Oval Standings:
    Oval Standings after race 10.png

Team Standings:
    Team Standings after race 20.png

Manufacturer Standings:
    Manu Standings after race 20.png

Now some overall season stats:
    - Connor Root has the most wins with a total of 3. Matt Wichelman, Darren Ingram, and Kevin Campbell each had 2. There were 15 different winners in 20 races.
    - Austin Spencer has the most Top-5's with 8. 30 drivers scored a Top-5 this season.
    - Tyler Jennings and Austin Spencer tied for most Top-10's at 11. All 33 drivers scored a Top-10 more than once this season.
    - Tim Kunkel had the most DNF's this season at 7. 31 drivers also had a DNF.
    - Matt Wichelman had the most bonus points at 18. All 33 drivers scored bonus points this season.
    - Scott Yost completed the most laps this season at 1753, or 99.83%.
    - Matt Wichelman led the most laps this season at 238. All 33 drivers led laps this season.
    - Cody Llamas had the most poles this season at 2. 18 other drivers scored a pole this season.
    - Tyler Jennings was the highest finishing rookie, earning the rookie of the year award.
    - The SRD Indy season tallied up 20 events for 3,339.24 miles and 1756 laps.

Congratulations again to Connor Root on the race win, Tyler Jennings on the ROTY, Matt Wichelman on the Oval Championship, Spencer Racing for the Team Championship, and Austin Spencer for the Series Championship.

It has been my pleasure running the final season of Indy for y'all. Thanks again to everyone that has participated in this season's events, y'all definitely made it worth all of the time and effort put into it.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    Dom, frow78, Tyler Jennings and 7 others like this.
  9. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

"Shit, now I gotta look for another ride haha. Thanks to everyone at CRE for this season, congrats boss man on the win by the way, and Dr Pepper, Nintendo, and Twitch for sponsoring us. Glad we could get a decent finish and, more importantly with this car in my opinion, bring it home clean. All of the streamers on this car mean a lot to me and I'm friends with a few of them, so bringing it home clean was honestly priority number one for me this week. It's a shame to see this series end especially since it was our first season and we were really starting to improve near the end. Hopefully we can get a spot in another series here soon and do well there."

frow78 likes this.
  10. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

A disappointing end to a disappointing season. At least Matt brought home the Oval Championship.

11. Tetronix

Tetronix #48EVER

"Congrats to Austin on the championship! It's always an amazing feeling to see your team owner and teammate win something like that. It's also super cool to hear that we won the owner's points title too. Today wasn't quite our day, we lacked a little bit of speed and we lost the main pack during pit stops and couldn't recover but I still want to thank Spencer Racing and the team back at the shop for putting these things together, I just wish I could've done a little bit better today and this year as a whole. I can't complain, we were top-15 in points and I'm more than happy with that. Time to focus on our Truck Series and more importantly Cup Series efforts."

While it's sad to see Indycar come to a close, it was a lot of fun to be a part of. Thanks to Sean and everyone else who ran the series over the years and my fellow competitors, past and present, as without you guys we wouldn't have fun offline leagues like this.

Reza Maulana and ahspencer01 like this.
  12. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush Banned

02- Damn, we had some great cars here at Indy, I'm sad that we didn't win with us leading in the closing stage but proud that this team was able to build off of each run in the season. I just hope next season we don't end up last in team point. I think we can build off of this year to get a championship effort set forth for next season. I would love to thank Honda, Mars, Bass Pro,and most importantly Fire Alarm Services.

13. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

CRUMCH.jpg

Skyline, Dom, dacinch8 and 8 others like this.
  14. Saan Anguish

Uhhhhh...fixed.

ahspencer01 likes this.
  15. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Uh, I’d like some boneless points, thanks...

Skyline, Tim2488, Tetronix and 2 others like this.
  16. matheus357

matheus357 Clods rise up.

Fiorentini: "Not the way we wanted to finish this season, but I'll take having finished this series' last race. Man, how I'm gonna miss this paddock. I'm very thankful for all of my sponsors, BWT, Ipiranga and Fitzgerald, for backing me during this season. I'm also thankful for Ford, for giving us all the support we needed. I'm thankful for Trey and Jason, as well. They're the ones that gave me this opportunity. And last, but not least, I'm thankful for the officiating body (@Saan Anguish) for running this series as best as possible. Also, congrats to Austin on his championship win. He really earned it."

ahspencer01 and Saan Anguish like this.
  17. Tyler Jennings

Tyler Jennings Well-Known Member

*last interview-esque post from me*

"Rookie of the Year may not be the championship, but it's something I'll hold dearly from this season and this series. Absolutely ecstatic about it. Thank you to Sean for hosting, thank you to Steven for bringing me aboard to race, and thank you to everyone else who made this final season of Indycar something I'll never forget."

dacinch8 and Saan Anguish like this.
  18. frow78

frow78 Well-Known Member

Root #2- "Very happy that we won Indy. Congrats to Austin on the championship, he earned it."

Thank you for sacrificing your time to do this series, Saan, it was great this year.

Saan Anguish likes this.
  19. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

@BrendonH12: "Well, all of us finally ran and finished well in the same race! Now, let me get these congratulations out the way... Congrats to Connor on winning the final IndyCar race here at Indy! Congrats to @ahspencer01 on bringing home the final IndyCar driver championship and team championship! Congrats to @MWick4 and @Reza Maulana on the oval and road course championships! And congrats to @Tyler Jennings on being rookie of the year! You guys earned all of it this year! Gotta thank all our partners that have been with us since day one here at BHR, as well as some newer ones for this season: Coca-Cola, Reese's, Red Bull, Chevrolet, Craftsman, Oreo/Ritz, and all our other great partners. And thank you to my boys, @thedude1987 and @nascarfan9 - it wasn't always pretty (in fact, it hardly ever was lol), but thank you guys for sticking with me through it all! I wish you guys nothing but the best in whatever the future holds for your SRD Offline Series careers... It's been an up and down two years for BHR, but I've enjoyed every minute of it! Looking forward to building on to this team in the Truck Series this season and hopefully climbing up the SRD ladder in the future... I just hate to see this series go. I've had a lot of fun times in this series with plenty of laughs - mostly from the comments from my two drivers. ;) But as they, all good things must come to an end. So like I said, BHR now has it's full focus on the SRD Super Truck Series and getting all three of our Dodges into the playoffs, contending for wins week-in and week-out, and ultimately bringing home that championship trophy! Goodbye, Indy! On to the next one..."

Thank you sooooooo much, @Saan Anguish for another awesome season of SRD IndyCar racing! And sorry my post is so late... :)

20. Saan Anguish

Well guys, it was brought to my attention courtesy of our stats guru that I overlooked a championship this year, that being the International Championship.

Austin ran the points for the 5 international races, and it came down to a tie between Matt Wichelman and Tyler Jennings. The tiebreaker was the highest finishing position across these 5 races, which was secured with a victory by Wichelman (Jennings's best was 3rd).

Therefore, congratulations to Matt Wichelman for winning this year's International Championship as well!

International Championship Standings:
    [​IMG]

ahspencer01 likes this.