1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD NASCAR "Pick'em" Series (Information, Rules, and History)

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by Mike24, Jan 23, 2008.

1. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

I'll be playing again. Looking to improve on last year's 4th place finish. :)

2. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

I can't wait to do my 1st full year!

3. MRI_29

MRI_29 Well-Known Member

My rookie year! Im giving this a shot! BTW, this Pick `em Series thing, its only for the NASCAR "points" races, right?

4. Ryan597

Ryan597 Well-Known Member

I'm excited for my first full year after an excellent rookie year. Can't wait!

5. Jackson

Jackson Well-Known Member

I'll be playing this for the first time. Sounds pretty awesome.

6. fatcatracing

fatcatracing Well-Known Member

Came in late last season but I fared rather well in the 7 races I ran. Can't wait to go full-time this year!

7. CMennie47

CMennie47 Well-Known Member

Sorry if it's a bit late, but I'll be back this year, looking for a Top 10 points finish

8. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

I can't wait to start back up hope to keep the momentum going from roty title and make the chase this year after falling just short last year.

9. FloridaFan88

FloridaFan88 Well-Known Member

Hey Mike, if NASCAR does change their point system, will that be the method of scoring for Pick'em this year. Or will you use the current one.

10. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

I really hope that they keep the current one so I won't have to change.

But, if they do...Pick'em will adapt to it.

Off the bat, it would be the same basic scoring model, but I would have to adjust race weekend points for poles, wins, etc...and bonus points for finishing order, accordingly...and a new points awarding system to reseed our Chase.

So, if they do change the system, expect an announcement about an adapted Pick'em points system, shortly after that.

Hopefully, they won't...and we'll just keep plugging along as we have been. :)

11. Bgartz29

Bgartz29 Well-Known Member

Tied for 7th on the all-time wins list, that's what I'm talking about I just gotta stay sstrong late season to contend for a title

12. Bgartz29

So it seems we are sticking to a 10 driver chase, any reason there isn't going to be any expansion?

13. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

I have been considering expanding the Chase from 10 to possibly 12 or 15 entrants, based on just how competitive Pick'em was last year and in 2009.

It is open for discussion. Would people like the Chase to be expanded, or should we stay with a 10 entrant Chase?

ALSO!!!!! After a few hours of calculation, and running numbers to ensure that these adjustments would not seriously effect what it takes to win a Pick'em title...here are the changes to the SRD Pick'em Series points system, to compensate for the new NASCAR points system. :)

I have gone through calculation after calculation...and since NASCAR has changed their point system, we are changing to adapt.

The entire premise of Pick'em will be the same, but weekly bonuses have been changed to account for NASCAR's new 43-1 point system.

The changes are...with the reduced amount of points given throughout the field...

Instead of 15 points for a correct Nationwide or Truck winner during a race weekend, you will now receive 3 points.

Instead of 10 points for a correct pole sitter, you will now receive 2 points. Also, in the case of a rainout, there will now be points awarded for a pole pick, if that pick ended up winning practice and was given the pole.

Instead of 5 points for having a Cup pick finish in the top 5, you will get 1 point.

Instead of a 30 point bonus for correctly choosing the winner, you will get 7 points.

Instead of 20 points for an exact pick within the top 5 (2nd-4th)...you will now get 4 points.

The top 10 in the weekly results, instead of receiving bonus points, 40 to the winner, 4 for 10th place...with 4 point intervals...the breakdown will be 10 points for 1st and 1 point for 10th, with 1 point intervals.

Rookie of the year points will remain the same. 20 for the 1st rookie and 2 for the 10th best rookie in a race weekend, with intervals of 2 points. However, rookies will also now be given 1 point per start during the season.

The Chase, as of now, with the 10 entrant format...will be the same, except for points adjustments to compensate for the new NASCAR system.

Entrants who qualify for the Chase will receive 2 points per regular season win. Bonus points accumulated during the regular season will also be added in, as always. Buffer points will also work in the exact same way. The regular season points per start bonus will be eliminated.

The other change in the points distribution to scale for the new system is in post-regular season bonuses for the Chasers. 1st place after the regular season will get 30 points, 2nd will get 25, 3rd 20, 4th 17, 5th 15...and then 1 point increments down to 10 points for the 10th place man in the Chase.

Hopefully I am explaining this in a way that everyone can understand. The most important this to remember with these changes, however...is that the overall format of Pick'em will remain exactly the same. The weekly points totals will still be based on where each of your picks finish during the weekend. The only thing that has changed is scaling down the additional points that you gain during the week, to compensate for the new, tighter NASCAR points system.

If anyone has any questions, or if anything is confusing, let me know...and I will do my best explain it in a way that you can understand.

The first post in this thread has also been updated show the adjustments made for the new NASCAR point system.

Looking forward to 2011!

-Mike :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Can you update the Top-fives and Top-tens? It's 11 races before the end of the season on the chart. Thanks. :)

15. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Sounds great! Can not wait!

16. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

Will get to it. I had new charts made up, but they were too big for our image hosting service...and I never got around to cutting them down. I'll get to it before the 2011 season starts, though. :)

17. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Also for highest winning efforts, those will be proportioned for this system, right? Because obviously we can't beat 955.

18. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

I don't really want to go back and proportion them to the new scale...but since there are only a few, I may as well.

Otherwise, we'll just have a new list of highest point totals! :) yay!

19. antknee10

antknee10 Well-Known Member

a bit of an off season for me last year going winless but i was able to win the best of the rest title in picking up 11th place after a hard fought battle with DB512. still 6th on the all-time win list despite zero wins last season. looking forward to another competitive finish.

20. Bgartz29

We should do the chase field like it is in cup, top 10 make the chase and the two with the most wins from 11th - 20th