1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Offline League Silly Season Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo Racing Inc. adds third team, expands on large sponsorship contracts; Rumored Throwback theme

Today, Craigo Racing Inc. has announced that fellow Arizona native, RJ Bishop, will be taking the step up to the Cup Series driving a third entry for the team in the up coming season of SRD Cup Series action. Numbered 98, RJ will be piloting a Menard's sponsored Dodge with Peak and Moen as B2B backers. McDonald's also goes on loan from Craigo to Bishop to cover the races Menard's isn't.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, after taking a little "peak" (pun intended) behind the curtain at the shop (when no one was looking), I couldn't help but notice two cars in the shop painted up with similar schemes, one yellow and one red. The schemes looked like potential Throwback Weekend schemes, but considering how quick of a glance I took, I couldn't quite see the specifics to really place what they were. I think they looked early 2000's in style in my opinion, though I could be wrong on that. Hopefully we'll find out soon enough!

Tetronix and BrendonH12 like this.
  2. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

Reza Maulana Announces Plans to Compete in SRD Cup Series

Earlier today, it is revealed that the 21-year old Indonesian have announce plans to make a bid to compete in the SRD Cup Series for the 2019 season. In a season that have been full of unexpected plan changes for the Indonesian, Maulana originally didn't have the intentions of competing in the SRD Cup Series for 2019.

However, with the future of the National Series in limbo, there has been speculations that Maulana might make a straight jump to the Cup Series despite having only been competing in Trucks in the stock car leagues of SRD Series, a plan that have been confirmed today.

"To be honest with you, I wasn't planning on competing in Cup this year. But with the future of National Series still being mostly unknown, I figure that I will make a straight jump to Cup despite having only competing in 1 1/2 seasons of Truck. Thankfully for me, my backers Toei Animation have agreed on my plans and have been fully supporting my plans to compete in Cup this season, so I am thankful with them for the continued support that they have provided to me in the SRD Series so far.

As for the Eligibility, I still have no idea which series I'm focusing at as I wasn't initially planning on competing in Cup... National Series is my original priority coming to this season, but if the future of the series is still unknown by the time Cup dropped the green flag at Daytona, between Cup and National (Trucks, the other series that Maulana had confirmed plans of competing, are open to everyone), I might be going to declare for Cup for this season."

Teams interested with recruiting Maulana is open to approach the Indonesian for a possible ride contract via PMs.

Maulana will bring sponsorship from Toei Animation, the animation studio that makes many legendary anime franchises such as Mazinger Z, Dragon Ball, Sailor Moon, One Piece, and Pretty Cure, and Animate, Japan's largest retailer for anime & manga merchandise, for his bid at the 2019 Cup Series season. With the No. 98 already taken by RJ Bishop, it is expected that Maulana will use the No. 55 instead.

3. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Zumwalt returns full-time to Cup Series competition, joins English and Farrell at (V2E?)

With the unfortunate early termination of the National Series season, Zumwalt felt cut short of a competitive season and wanted to continue his strong runs in another series. With backing from Pennzoil and 7-Eleven, Zumwalt will return to the Cup Series aboard the familiar #21, this time at a new team after the closure of KM Racing. Schemes have been released including a look at the throwback scheme for Darlington, a throwback to the Busch Series scheme run by Roush in the 2006 season.

Render1.jpg
    Render6.jpg
    Render7.jpg

4. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

JB2 to debut at The Super Bowl of Racing!!!

Jacksonville, FL - In a presser released today by Jason Blanford, it seems as though JB2 will be making their way for a cup series debut. Jason Blanford first came into the series under the Missimer banner and moved over to Coleman Racing where he drove the 22 last season.

JB74: “What can I say, I belong on the track turning left except for the occasional rights. With the National Series up in the air, I figured I would go ahead and start working some R&D and hopefully be competitive out of the gate. I refuse to be a start and park and will do my best to put quality equipment on the track.”

Florida Times Union (FTU): What about all the talk of you only concentrating on the Truck Series?

JB74: We were stretched pretty thin. I was stretched thin. However, this is something I enjoy. As I get older, I refuse to slow down to a complete stop. This current Indy season is my last. I did hand over part of my truck operation to @matheus357 . I have one other driver on my truck team that I believe will produce the results we are looking for. And why not develop more, grow bigger under our own brand to setup for a brilliant future. Look guys stock car racing will always be here. As long as it is, so will be a Blanford. Thank you for attending. Now please excuse me, we have some work to get to...

FTU: One more question...what manufacturer will you be driving for? Are you sticking with the Bow tie??

JB74: LOL, it’s all in the name...Jay Dog out!!

FTU: And there you have it.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Reza Maulana likes this.
  5. db512

db512 2011 SRD Cup Series Champion

Xtreme Motorsports unveils scheme for owner Busch

Today, Xtreme Motorsports unveiled the two schemes that team owner Dan Busch will run for the 2019 SRD Cup season. Once again JEGS and Bass Pro Shops will split the season on the #9 while the team welcomes Hertz on board as an associate sponsor for the entire season.

76403303_1_26368.png

80312804_1_95341.png

6. GambitJon

GambitJon #VeganRush

Jon Peterson Will return to Cup full time

After winning the Daytona 500 then leaving his team immediately in favor for a TRD contract, Peterson finds himself again with a cup ride, this time with SMR driving the FedEx, Bass Pro Shops Camry full time. Peterson, a winner in all SRD series (1 cup win, 1 national win, 2 truck wins, and 3 indycar wins) said that he was excited to run his first full Cup season with the good people at SMR and TRD.

7. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Chowda Racing will be returning. Same sponsors. No changes to schemes from last year.

No. 17 Toyota is gunning for that win.

8. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana Lands a Ride with Harris Motorsports

Today, our reporters have learned that the Indonesian have signed a contract to drive for Harris Motorsports for the 2019 season. Maulana, who won the IndyCar race at Long Beach earlier in the year, is set to drive the No. 55 Toei Animation/Animate Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 and has decided to declare eligibility for Cup Series.

"What can I say, I'm excited for this opportunity. Thank you to D.J. for offering me the opportunity to drive in the SRD Cup Series. Brendon and D.J. did a good job in the Harris Camaro's last season and I knew how strong they are based on my experience battling with them in both Trucks and Indy, so I'm excited to work together with them for the 2019 Cup season."

Tetronix, MWick4 and BrendonH12 like this.
  9. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Craigo Racing Inc. reveals throwback schemes for 2019

Craigo Racing Inc. looks to impress with an expansion to 3 cars this season, however something that was teased in an earlier article where the team announced RJ Bishop's move up to Cup has been announced: The throwback schemes the team will run later this year.

And boy, has Craigo Racing Inc. impressed.

First of all, the schemes reflect the 2001 schemes ran by Steve Park, Dale Earnhardt Jr., and Michael Waltrip in the 2001 season of the NASCAR Monster Energy Cup Series. Not only that, but two of the same three sponsors will be on board the respective cars this year as well, with Joshua utilizing his sponsorship from Budweiser, and NAPA Auto Parts coming aboard Craigo's #62. Menard's will take Pennzoil's place on the #98 of RJ Bishop as CRI has moved over to Valvoline from Pennzoil's sister oil, Quaker State.

[​IMG]
    Joshua Hawkins has been tasked with continuing the legacy of John Hooper Sr.'s #11 this year, despite the move from Opp Inc. to Craigo Racing Inc. Budweiser followed Hawkins, and the rest is history.

[​IMG]
    Originally, NAPA Auto Parts wasn't even gonna be Craigo's sponsor for the race, but instead Hewlett-Packard was gonna go back-to-back years as the sponsor for Craigo's throwback scheme. Unfortunately, HP backed out at the last second, leaving CRI to try and find a sponsor. NAPA came aboard at the 11th hour, allowing a true throwback to happen.

[​IMG]
    While this sponsor/scheme combo might not have actually run, Menard's was a DEI sponsor at one point in the mid-2000's, though some people may have forgotten due to Paul Menard's lackluster performances. However, that hasn't stopped CRI from using Menard's as a Pennzoil stand-in as both companies' primary color are a bright yellow, albeit of slightly different shades.

10. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Teresa is gonna have an aneurysm

Tetronix, jacobc62, MWick4 and 6 others like this.
  11. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana unveils 2019 Cup Series campaign schemes

Harris Motorsports' newest recruit Reza Maulana earlier today has revealed the three schemes that he will run in the 2019 Cup Series season. Toei Animation, who had backed Maulana's previous endeavors through the Pretty Cure franchise, has stepped up to become the primary sponsor of the No. 55 team. Toei Animation will sponsor the No. 55 team for 9 races this season and has kept the itasha livery style that had been the "signature style" of Maulana's schemes since his return to the SRD Leagues midway last season in the Truck Series.
    Render - Toei.jpg
    Animate, Japan's largest retailer for anime & manga merchandise, has stepped up to become the primary sponsor of the No. 55 team for 6 races this season, 5 of which are run in this chrome blue-yellow scheme.
    Render - Animate.jpg
    For Animate's Darlington ride, Maulana has decided to run a tribute to the late WRC legend Colin McRae. The throwback scheme itself is heavily inspired by the State Express 555 Subaru World Rally Team Subaru Impreza Group A cars that McRae famously run in the late 90s, with Prodrive, the team behind Subaru World Rally Team, and (controversially) BAT themselves with their A Better Tomorrow campaign also making an one-off sponsorship deal with the No. 55 team for Darlington.
    Render - Animate Throwback.jpg

12. Tim2488

B&T close to announcing 2019 plans, Lennox returning, plans to go to two teams?

Just as it says. Sponsorships are being finalized & schemes drawn (in my head). Expect an announcement shortly. As for a 3rd car in the stable, no word on if the team plans to scout a driver or try to beg the officials to let them run shorthanded.

JBlanford74 and ShadowKnight508 like this.
  13. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

V2E Re-brands to English Motorsports, Announces 2019 Drivers

After running as V2E, we've decided to return to the roots and our first name: English Motorsports. Also, over the off-season we had a couple seats to fill. I will be returning to the team in the 6 car, and we will have Jeremy Zumwalt over from the former KM Racing Team as well. A look at the 2019 Lineup can be seen below.

2019 Lineup:
    6 - Sean English - PPG Paints
    21 - Jeremy Zumwalt - Pennzoil /7-Eleven
    46 - Bobby Farrell - Lowe's/STP Oil Treatment

I look forward to hopefully a great season with these guys. Stay tuned for scheme reveals of the 6 and 46, coming soon.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  14. matheus357

matheus357 Silent but present...

Fiorentini set to make Cup debut with JB2 Motorsports

Today, it was announced that Brazilian driver Matheus Fiorentini will be moving up to the Cup Series with JB2 Motorsports following a successful Truck season in 2018.

"It's a dream coming true for me. I never expected great things when I first hopped into a truck, and now, I'm set to make my Cup debut. I cannot thank Jason (Blanford) enough for all the opportunities he's been giving me." Fiorentini said, when interviewed.

Fiorentini finished fourth in the 2018 Truck Series season driving for Jason Blanford's JMAG Motorsports, since renamed to JB2 Motorsports. JB2 are moving up to the Cup Series with both Blanford and Fiorentini, as well as having expanded their Truck programme to three trucks, with Fiorentini becoming part-owner of his #73 truck as the team signed Josh Remington as their third driver. Additionally, Fiorentini runs in the IndyCar Series with Coleman Racing, which is part-owned by Blanford.

The team also announced the sponsors that will back Fiorentini this season: BWT and Ipiranga are both back as primary sponsors, while SKF and Fitzgerald Glider Kits will switch places, the former becoming a primary sponsor and the latter becoming an associate.

15. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

SR2 Motorsports 2019 Cup Series announcement
    Today, it's announced that a brand new team will run full time for the 2019 Cup Series Season, The team will be called SR2 Motorsports, and will have a full time season, running on Ford Mustang GT.

The Colombian driver and also team owner Sebastian Ruiz will take the new #44 Ford Mustang GT, and Burger King/DC Comics/Marvel Comics will be his sponsors for the season.

As now, the team has not announced a second car, but the driver/owner Sebastian Ruiz has no discarded in announcing a second car, whose announcement will be given the next week.

16. Tim2488

@BTMotorsports: Thursday.
    Tweeted 9:45pm est 5/28

canadienhits likes this.
  17. Tim2488

[​IMG]
    B&T Motorsports announces 2019 lineup, welcomes Halmar as a primary sponsor for 6 Races on Kunkel's #15 and will serve as an associate on the 18 of Lennox all season. Team downsizing to 2 cars after the abrupt leaving of Smetana

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  18. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

Gee Tim, those cars will look good running in 30th....LOL

BrendonH12 likes this.
  19. Tim2488

One less car means more resources to spread between the two teams ;)

We're winning it all.

Tetronix, BrendonH12 and canadienhits like this.
  20. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

JJ Jordan continuing partnership with Zack Webster, WJW Racing, signs Discover as primary sponsor
    JJ Jordan will be back for the SRD Cup Series with a new sponsor. He had a one-year partnership with Z-Line Designs last year thanks to his own incompetence and the wonderful help of @crazyboy335, but Jordan and WJW have moved onto a multi-year partnership with Discover Card. Jordan unveiled the new car in his hometown of New York, NY.

The Russian-born American driver will try his best not to suck and try to return to at least 2nd place in the points. After two near-misses for championships he is confident he can finish in the top 30 in points this year. Jordan continues his apparel partnership with Adidas for the fourth straight year, and hinted that he may wear the "slav suit" (Black Adidas tracksuit and black Adidas sneakers) at some point this season in tribute to his heritage. He is mum on a throwback car because Discover is "moving toward the future" or something.

Champion Athletic Apparel returns as an associate sponsor but due to Jordan's deal with Adidas they must use the Champion Auto Parts logo in an act of terrible branding by Jordan's team.

In addition to sponsoring teammate Greg Woodard, Nikon is prominent on the side of Jordan's car this year. Nikon is Jordan's preferred camera, owning 49 of them.

Fire Alarm Services reportedly approached Jordan sometime early this year thanks to rumors of his cooking ability. Jordan only started two fires, according to those familiar with him. Two fires is a record-low for Jordan for a single meal.

[​IMG]

Tetronix, Tim2488, gwoodard41 and 6 others like this.