1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Offline League Silly Season Thread V2.0

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 10, 2012.

1. gwoodard41

gwoodard41 Well-Known Member

Nice car!

JeffJordan likes this.
  2. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Season starts next weekend at Daytona. If you don't have your flats in before the race tough luck. Going to run a test race this weekend with drivers that already have their flats in.

3. thedude1987

thedude1987 King of Pepsi, Racer, Family Man!

@thedude1987 searching for a potential last minute ride in the cup series..... has sponsor and preferably would like to use the #87....

JBlanford74 likes this.
  4. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Any plans for an All-Star race this year?

5. Zoom

Zoom Real Men Race Dirt

Probably. Would end up being after the final regular season race. Format and location TBD.

JJ Jordan takes checkers in exhibition race at Daytona

ClashResults.png

A quick 40 lap race was held 1 week ahead of the start of the 2019 season at Daytona and featured 23 of the drivers for the upcoming season. Plenty of action and lead changes took place throughout the race but on lap 25 a violent crash brought the race under it's one and only caution. A 4 wide battle got a little too close in turn 3 and sent several cars hard into the outside wall. DJ Harris with a nasty crash after his car gets pushed up into the catch fence and nearly exits the track. That setup a restart with just 10 to go and with a move on the final lap, JJ Jordan was able to root Matt Wichelman out of the way and take the checkers ahead of teammate Zack Webster. Rookie RJ Bishop rounds out the top 3.

The rest of the field will hit the track this week for the duels and the first race of 2019 (assuming those without flats get them posted in time).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Oh, nice. Go me!

7. jacobc62

jacobc62 The OG NASCAR Tiger.

Of course! Though details are still TBA.

8. Reza Maulana

Reza Maulana SRD's Resident Indonesian & Truck Series Statman

I know I am a lap down, but I would take that as a publicity shot of me finishing 2nd on the road LOL :p

9. canadienhits

canadienhits The Dominator, Cup champ.

I'm liking the look of the Discount Tire car this season. I think the gold number on the side pops.

10. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

SPONSOR SHAKEUP WITHIN THE JB2
    In an unprecedented move Jason Blanford, driver of the #74 Ford Mustang and owner of JB2, has performed a sponsorship switch before the start of the season.
    JB: I want to thank 4Rivers for coming to the table to talk, unfortunately we were not able to come to a deal. They have great food. And family time is important, however my companies family counts on Sunday afternoons and we need that motivation and inspiration. None better than Coach Shula to come onboard and help us gameplan. Even though we are based out of Jacksonville, we want to keep the southern flow as part of our inspiration. <<<opens up a cold one>>> Drink up me harties yo ho!!

matheus357 likes this.
  11. Tim2488

Tim2488 Everything Bacon.

Man only 23 cars, we've fallen on tough times :p

12. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

Geez...RIP @Tetronix

Also, I may be interested in a guest appearance in the All-Star, provided I can find a ride. @canadienhits isn't the only one able to rethink retirement, right? :)

JBlanford74, Tetronix, MWick4 and 3 others like this.
  13. canadienhits

Do it Kyle, it would be a hoot! At least you'd have your number to use...lol

BrendonH12 likes this.
  14. matheus357

matheus357 Clods rise up.

Fiorentini unveils 2019 schemes

Even though the season may have already officially started, JB2 Motorsports held an event today at Daytona to unveil Matheus Fiorentini's paint schemes for the Brazilian's rookie season in the Cup Series.

When interviewed, Fiorentini said: "We had some trouble with our designers which resulted in our Ipiranga scheme being unveiled while being taken out of the hauler and the BWT and SKF schemes only being unveiled now. Still, I remain positive going into the season and cannot thank Jason (Blanford, JB2 owner) enough for this opportunity. I think I've already said that several times, haven't I?" *laughs*

The young Brazilian comes off a hot Truck rookie season which saw him finish 3rd in the final standings. Fiorentini also currently competes in the IndyCar Series with Coleman Racing.

During the event, Fiorentini hinted at a possible Darlington throwback: "Recently, a number of teams unveiled their Darlington throwbacks. While designing our schemes, we thought to ourselves: Why not? I'll just leave a clue for now: #99."
    72197326_1_65384.jpg
    70993187_1_52321.jpg
    83095681_1_12376.jpg

15. canadienhits

John Hooper, Sr.'s Darlington scheme:
    [​IMG]

16. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

Sebastian Ruiz unveils 2019 schemes
    SR2 Motorsports after missing the first race of the season at Daytona, the team's owner/driver Sebastian Ruiz finally unveils his 2019 paint schemes for the 2019 rookie season of the Colombian driver.

Burger King will serve as primary sponsor for the #44 team for 6 races this season.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Marvel Comics, one of the biggest publisher of American comic books and related media will serve as primary sponsor of the #44 team for 4 races, which will have the red, white and black colors on the paint scheme, and will have the famous characters or superheroes such as Spider-Man, Deadpool, Venom, etc, and also teams, such as the Avengers, the X-Men, the Fantastic Four, and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    DC Comics, another of the biggest publisher of American comic books and related media will also serve as primary sponsor of the #44 team for 5 races, 4 of which are run in this Black/Cyan Blue gradient scheme, and also will have their famous superheroes and villans such as Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Shazam, The Joker, Catwoman, Sinestro, Black Manta, Black Adam, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Harley Quinn, Cyborg, Batgirl and Supergirl.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    For DC Comics' Darlington ride, Sebastian Ruiz has decided to run a tribute to the 1984 Piedmont Airlines Chevrolet driven by Terry Labonte, which won the 1984 Cup Series Championship that year.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
    Reza Maulana likes this.
  17. Chowda17

Chowda17 Well-Known Member

Anyone able to check in on Zoom? Hasn’t been on since Sunday and that’s unlike him.

18. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

I have no way of contacting - hopefully it's just the same problem he had last week with no power.

19. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Still nothing on Zoom??

20. JBlanford74

JBlanford74 FFGFYG

Leave of absence?