1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

SRD Offline League Silly Season

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Apr 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PepsiRacer4

PepsiRacer4 The One and Only

Clabaugh Open to Griffin's Seat If Allowed:
    Sources near Tyler indicate he is open for possibly getting a shot to race for MWM if given the possibility. More to come on this.

2. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

MWM Signs Clabaugh for Final Six Races

MWM has recently come to terms with Tyler Clabaugh to drive the #1 MWM Ford Fusion for the remainder of the events this season. An MWM spokesperson said that it was unlikely they will be able to find a sponsor for this weekend at Bristol, but are confident that Clabaugh will have a brand spanking new ride come Montreal.

[Read as]: You got til next Saturday to some up with an MWM-friendly sponsor Tyler...I can paint the car if needed.

3. PepsiRacer4

Clabaugh/MWM Sign On For Last 6 Races

Former V2M driver Tyler Clabaugh signs a contract for the last 6 races of the SRD Cup season keeping him in the series after bailing out at his former team. "We're really happy to join this team, Kyle and Jeremy? are great guys and I've had a good time with them in the garage when I've spoke with them." When asked about the sponsorship deal, "We will definitely have a sponsor, unfortunately Battlefield 3 will not stay on-board after my actions at V2M. But I'm a good driver and on a good team so we shouldn't have issues to finding sponsorship."

PS: Thanks Chev, I'll be sure to have it done sometime soon (y)

4. Chevellion

Here's the car you'll be running at Bristol:

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. PepsiRacer4

Looks good for my temporary car Chev. Thanks :)

6. Chevellion

I've also been meaning to post more screenshots from the races...just haven't had the time to do so. I intend to remedy this at Bristol, though if last year's race is any indication, it will be rather tame.

7. NascarXprt

NascarXprt Well-Known Member

V2M owner Cole had this to say after weeks of rumors, drivers leaving, poor performance issues, and struggling to keep a team together: "Its disheartening to see good friends leave the organization because of poor equipment. But non-the-less V2 Motorsports is proud to have Dawson on board to finish out the season and hopefully if he would like, a full ride next year on V2M team. Also it has been a pleasure to work with the great Mike Opp! great individual and knows his stuff! We here at V2M hope to stay in contact with Opp and hope to try and work with him and his endeavors next season. As for Calbaugh, it was a shame that he just upped and resigned from the team, he was our strongest asset nearing the end of the season. We hope to improve and become more unified next season. As for our manufacture choice? well there might be a change next season, there might not, it all depends on how our performance improves with these last few races left. But if Mike does start their own team I (Cole) will personally be in contact with him to try and work out some kind of deal for next season if he is interested. Both in the Cup series and possibly entry to the other two SRD series. Though no matter the out come of this season, V2M will be going through drastic changes for next season, sponsor changes, crew changes, staff changes, a full refresh if you will."

8. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Oppenheimer Clarifies Situation

Mike Oppenheimer released the following statement after Cole's comments.

"I talked to Cole on the phone this evening, and wanted to clarify a few things. I have not decided whether I am leaving V2. Those rumors that my mind was made up were just that; Rumors. I can say, this season in Cup has not been fun, and that is not Cole's fault, or the teams fault, It just hasn't been an enjoyable year.. Im not sure if I will be back, but I want to stress, nothing has been decided. My focus now is to get through the season, have a great year in Indycar, then evaluate what we want to do."

9. Nick Lathan

Nick Lathan Well-Known Member

Dawson Happy to Stay with V2 Motorsports

Dawson, during a press confrence before Montreal, Dawson announced that he would take up DesRosiers' offer to drive the #51 for V2 Motorsports in the next season. When asked about his feelings about the team and car, he responded:

"I have a good feeling about this team. The car is solid and fast. I will be testing vigorously and learning the tracks I don't know. But next year I'm in for the win."

It is unknown if Dawson is eligible for the Rookie of the Year championship next year.

10. cmcharger71

cmcharger71 Well-Known Member

Chris Davis looking for a ride for next season as a rookie. will be willing to sign with any team.

11. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

Henderson Leaving EB Motorsports?

With the unsuccessful season that Henderson has had to get used to, there are talks of him leaving EB Motorsports at seasons end to pursue other options:

"I am just not happy with the results. I would like to thank EB, Mr. Everett and everyone else, but I am just keeping my options open."

Sources say he is going to form his own team, but there have been no comments to back that up.

12. Chevellion

Serious changes will be made to the operation of the SRD Cup League for the 2012-2013 season. Specific modifications will be announced at the conclusion of race 20.

8 people like this.
  13. BillyJack79

BillyJack79 20+ Years of Sim Racing

NIXON & STREETSIDE TO PART WAYS, TO CHEVY NEXT SEASON?

Rumor around the garage is that Billy Nixon, driver of the #79 T-Mobile/AAA Ford, has been shopping his services, and sponsors, to a couple of high-profile Chevy teams recently. Currently 27th in the standings with 4 top-10s, Nixon has been hampered by bad luck all season.

14. TBrew14

TBrew14 Well-Known Member

Streetside Racing ownership change?
    There is talks around the garage that new ownership could be coming next season. With the possible departure of Billy Nixon, Tyler Brewer is looking to step up and assume a partial ownership role in the team. Hearing there would be a name change and manufacture change if this goes thru.

15. rocketman

rocketman #kachow Paint Crew

Henderson to stay with EB Motorsports
    Sources have reported that Elliott Henderson has struck a two-year deal to drive the number 23 Microsoft Chevrolet with Chris Everett. Henderson denied the rumors he would be leaving EB, and it is now official he will be staying. "I'm glad I could strike a deal with Elliott," Everett said. " He has a lot of talent, and him and Rog produce great runs each weekend, but it seems something always happens."

16. Enter Sandman

Enter Sandman ...And Justice For All

EB Future Coming Together?

Driver Roger Sandri has reportedly told team officials that he is open to returning to the team next season, and is just waiting until the second season ends to re-sign. He wants to focus on trying to claw into the top 20 in points and see about attracting more sponsorship dollars before a contract is signed. Rules changes in the offseason may also play into the decision.

1 person likes this.
  17. Danilo

Danilo Well-Known Member

dos Santos will try to back in next season.

After run in the first season in the SRD Cup Series, Danilo dos Santos will try to back for the Third Season. He said he is searching sponsorship to run in the next season. He also said it is negotiating with some teams.

18. Henderson

Henderson Graphic Designer

Henderson Comments on Return to EB

"What can I say. I have no where else to go. I am happy with Chris and the gang, and I think we will have a nice season next year. We will just have to see what happens."

No further word on sponsor changes.

1 person likes this.
  19. Danilo

Danilo Well-Known Member

Fastenal and Smithfield wanna be sponsors of dos Santos for the third season.

After 2 weeks searching for sponsors. Danilo dos Santos signed a contract with Fastenal and Smithfield for the next two seasons. He also said he will run with the number # 44 and Ford for next season, but he don't have team confirmed.

20. PepsiRacer4

Good Sam/MWM/Clabaugh sign deal:
    Confirmed today, Good Sam Insurance will sponsor the 1 of Tyler Clabaugh for the rest of the season and next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.