1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

SRD Pick'em 2017: Bank of America 500 at Charlotte

Discussion in 'NASCAR Discussion' started by MattSRD28, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Midnight

Midnight Well-Known Member

Cup Results

1) Kevin Harvick
    2) Martin Truex Jr.
    3) Ryan Newman
    4) Kyle Larson
    5) Daniel Suarez

2. blueman

blueman Well-Known Member

Cup Results
    1) Kyle Busch
    2) Kyle Larson
    3) Martin Truex Jr.
    4) Denny Hamlin
    5) Matt Kenseth

3. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 SRD Cup Series Driver - #81 Ford Fusion

Cup Results
    1) Martin Truex Jr.
    2) Denny Hamlin
    3) Kyle Larson
    4) Brad Keselowski
    5) Kevin Harvick

4. Chandler Tyson

Chandler Tyson Paint Crew Paint Crew

Not very good,but I guess that's what I get for forgetting to submit my picks until an hour before race time. Either that or I just plain suck at this game,lol. Probably a little bit of both.

5. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

1st, 2nd, 10th, 15th, 29th.

*yay*

6. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #PrayForTexas #PrayForFlorida

Cup Pole: Martin Truex Jr. (Nope)

Xfinity Winner: Sam Hornish Jr. (2)

Cup Results
    1) Martin Truex Jr. (1)
    2) Jimmie Johnson (7)
    3) Kyle Larson (10)
    4) Kevin Harvick (3)
    5) Matt Kenseth (11)

One pick outside the top 10? I'll take it! :)

7. Virox6549

Virox6549 Active Member

Cup Pole: Kyle Busch (Nope)

Xfinity Winner: William Byron (16)

Cup Results:
    1) Jimmie Johnson (7)
    2) Kyle Busch (29)
    3) Jamie McMurray (5)
    4) Kyle Larson (10)
    5) Martin Truex Jr. (1)

8. 2448fan4life

2448fan4life #1 Hendrick Motorsports Fan

1. 10th
    2. 3rd
    3. 4th
    4. 7th
    5. 1st

Not bad I’ll take it.

9. MattSRD28

MattSRD28 SRD Pick'em Series Commissioner Moderator

Scores came back to Earth a bit after recent weeks of runaway crazy scoring. Kyle Busch is probably the best one to thank for that. His struggles brought down some scores but didn't ruin everybody who picked him. A couple who did pick Kyle still managed a top 5 finish. It wasn't all bad. Overall scores were back to normal I'd say. The Charlotte field of 39 combined for an average of 191.13 points with scores ranging from 119 at the bottom to the winning score of 241. 13 of 39 scored above 200. The top 5 all did better than 215. The win was a bit of a runaway, which is relatively unusual for Pick'em. Usually a margin of victory is a single digit number, but this week it was 19 points. Cause? The winner placed a few in the exact correct position when others did not. Bringing home the victory in Charlotte with that 241 winning score was none other than your SRD Pick'em Commish MattSRD28 who keeps the golden ticket out of the hands of the 12 championship contenders for one more week. The win is MattSRD28's 8th career Pick'em win, good for 6th on the all-time wins list. Joining the commish on the podium were fellow spoilers BrendonH12 and SebaXRuiz, with 2448fan4life and a 3-way tie for 5th between ShadowKnight508, Johnnyk1990 and highest-finishing playoff combatant John Gregorio to round out the top 5.

Congrats to @MattSRD28 on the win! :)

The 12 remaining championship contenders had a decent showing. John Gregorio was the highest finisher amongest those still championship eligible finishing 5th. Two others made the top 10 - 4WideRacing in 8th, and roostmotor87 in 9th. Ryan597 was next highest, finishing just outside the top 10 in 11th place. Next up were taz1458 and NAlt4 in 13th and 15th. Then came DannyM in 17th. Further down were BobbyRicky62 and antknee10 21st and 23rd. IMCool332 finished 25th out of 39. Dom and ahspencer01 brought up the rear finishing 30th and 35th. Those low finishes helped to put antknee10, Dom, ahspencer01, and IMCool332 below the cut line with 2 races left in the Round of 12. Playoff standings are very close though with the entire 1st-12th separated by only 104 points total. Talladega coming up has the potential to load the entire playoff standings into a shotgun, pull the trigger, and randomly reconstruct the little bits that are left. No scores are dropped in the playoffs amongest those eligible for the championship. Hang on to your hats folks. No one is safe here.

Meanwhile amongest the "best of the rest", wslates' once mightly lead has dwindled down to just 47 points over aforementioned Charlotte podium finisher Johnnyk1990. XxTeam48LowesXx also inched a bit closer while MattSRD28 cut his deficit of 227 points going into Charlotte down to 152 points with the win. That's a whopping 75 point gain. Playoff contenders paying attention to this? 1-12 separated by 104 combined. ShadowKnight508 came into Charlotte down 225 but cut that to 179 points with his podium finish.

On the rookie front, shaneshine23 increased his lead on the rest of the rookies back to 50 points. That big a lead would allow shaneshine23 to clinch the 2017 ROTY award at Texas. With only 6 races left, that leaves a max of 122 points to be earned. Unfortunately that mathematically eliminates all rookies with the exception of shaneshine23 and Bitbreaker from ROTY contention. It's down to a 2 horse race now. Who will emerge victorious? We'll just have to see.

So with that, here's a look at the full results from the last fall oval Charlotte race (at least for now):
    [​IMG]

The full standings heading for Talladega:
    [​IMG]

Rookies:
    [​IMG]

The scores those not in the playoffs probably won't overcome this weekend in Talladega (Hey, just being realistic!!):
    [​IMG]

Finally, the Round of 12 standings:
    [​IMG]

Alright, well, Talladega's up next folks. Best of luck because we're all going to need it! Hope to see everybody there, and we'll pick up the pieces next week. :)

10. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #PrayForTexas #PrayForFlorida

Dang it! So close! Oh well, congrats @MattSRD28! :D

11. taz1458

taz1458 #LetsGoPens

12. 4WideRacing

4WideRacing Well-Known Member

Congrats MattSRD28! And thanks for all your hard work for the series!
    I'm happy with 8th, much better than I had thought I did and now I have a little cushion going into Talladega!

13. Bitbreaker

Bitbreaker Well-Known Member

with my form right now it wouldn't be a real fight for the roty

14. Fishtail

Fishtail Well-Known Member

Conrgrats to MattSRD28!