8 - Roland Camaro - ATL Hendrick9Fan
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

[Teaser] Charlotte Roval 2019 BBMC

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals, we missed our goal date. But, we weren't way off and we are very close. Now that the 2019 race has come and gone we of course have added a couple more things to the list. With that said, we are picking and choosing which 2019 updates to include so we may or may not have all the updates you were hoping to see. We're already up against the wall in terms project size and performance is already in need of some attention. We've put together our last tiny list of items we need to take care of and then it's all clean up and testing.

JKB#7

Reaction score
I cant wait to try the chicane and throw it into turn 1 on the roval

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
Reaction score
Can you see the part of the temporary wall where Chase hit it? JK! Guys this looks truly epic

halfwayglad

BBMC Tracks
Reaction score
The Roval has by far been the most difficult track to build for @Rufio2031 since we started BBMC tracks. Sandbox can do accurate banking or smooth geometry, but not both. This a problem when you want accurate banking, geometry, AND visuals.

The result is a new backstretch chicane that looks and functions like the real deal, but has been built with multiple 3do objects taking the place of sandbox surfaces. Visually this track has also been a challenge because of the amount of elements required to brand and style. This includes the wave pattern in turns 3 & 4 and the entirely new grandstand objects.

There were many moments of frustration, anger, and even times of deep regret to even attempt this track. These will be the final teaser shots. Looking at the track now before release is a testament to the care and craft of my collaborator @Rufio2031 and the impact of all the support from the community. It was a f!@king nightmare, but I think you're all gonna love it!

And yes, there's still no large chicane teaser because we're saving that for the release thread :p

roval_45.jpg

roval_50.jpg

roval_51.jpg

mtblillie

It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy
Reaction score
This looks amazing. I'm not sure I have ever seen a track with so much detail and care. There have been some great ones but this is just off the mark

RacerXero84

Obnoxious old fart
Reaction score
seating1.jpg

That's where I was sitting for the race this past weekend lol

Point in my saying that......

Going through your pics thus far, I can say you guys are just about spot on with decal layouts and details; heck the track itself looks spot on with what my eyes saw at the race. That's pretty damn impressive IMO.

Wheatenland

FSE Tracks
Reaction score
I know you guys don't really take request and if you're like Sean and I was it were your heart is on doing the next track but If I could recommend one down the road after a long rest from the effort you put in this one. I would like to see the quality you guys are putting out in an updated Daytona day and night..

Rufio2031

BBMC Tracks
Reaction score
I know you guys don't really take request and if you're like Sean and I was it were your heart is on doing the next track but If I could recommend one down the road after a long rest from the effort you put in this one. I would like to see the quality you guys are putting out in an updated Daytona day and night..
You won't have to persuade HalfwayGlad, he's into that idea. I, on the other hand, have it further down on my list. There's not much improvement to be done in terms of the racing due to the lacking AI, in my opinion.
We do kind of have a general plan but we'd like to keep things as surprises for everyone.

Last edited: