1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

The SRD ALL-STAR Thread + Signups

Discussion in 'SRD Sprint Cup Offline League' started by Chevellion, Jun 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jgegner

jgegner Find New Roads

I'm sorry, but registrations for the SRD Offline League are closed.

James

2. The Captain

The Captain Well-Known Member Banned

Jacob Sampson: "We're in! Time to go out and take the big show!"

3. BillyJack79

BillyJack79 20+ Years of Sim Racing

"Man, it feels great to finish 1st, even if it is just a heat race. The switch to Dodge and sharing info with JJ and Keel has made all the difference in the world. Now it's time to take this John Deere Dodge and go get the trophy!"

4. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

ML#00: "Learned a lot from watching the heat races. Like all plate races, its all about positioning yourself with the right people late in the race, and making a move at the right time. Didn't look like there was a huge falloff in handling over the run for anyone, and the tires on the 51 and 24 looked good, in terms of wear.

I can't wait to get out there. This race is going to be a lot of fun for us, and for the fans, and we'll see if we can get this Pepsi Throwback Impala in victory lane and get an All-Star win for All-Star Racing...heh, that'd be pretty cool."

5. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

JJ Jordan: "Awesome! All of JKN in the show."

6. Chevellion

Chevellion Former SRD Cup League Director

I may have time to run the final event tomorrow...and considering some of these users involved here are no longer part of the community, there may be some full time spots opening up.

1 person likes this.
  7. SnakePlissken

SnakePlissken Well-Known Member

I'll be happy to fill one of those vacant spots should it become available. :D

8. labontefanboy

labontefanboy Well-Known Member

Too bad we couldn't get this Kodak Chevrolet in the big show. Never had any track position, and when you don't have it, these COT's handle like a frickin' dump truck in dirty air.

9. Chevellion

ENGLISH WINS THE ALL STAR

[​IMG]

After receiving a strong push from the 68 of Kyle Missimer with two laps to go, the 15 of Sean English held off Missimer, Daniel Dennis, and Jacob Sampson to become the first winner of the SRD All-Star. English was up and down all night, and as far back as 13th with five laps to go before mounting his charge to the front. Sampson held the lead with two laps to go, but wasn't able to hold off English coming to the white flag.

Several cars saw their "lay back and wait for the big one" strategy fall on its face, as no car retired as a result of an on-track incident today. Patrick Dempsey and Trey Griffin lost the lead pack's draft near the end of the race, and were unable to mount another charge.

The 67 of Aaron Walz had a stout car today, leading for some of the event. However, Walz became a victim of some misguided aggression during the lap 24 pitstops. The 99 of Mike Oppenheimer tried to cut off the 00 of Mike Lewon after both had exited their pits, because of a blocking incident earlier on the track. However, Lewon shoved Oppenheimer out of the way and into Walz, effectively ending Walz's evening. The 18 of Shane Lennox also received some damage on pit road and would retire a few laps later.

Also, with the sudden closure of the 51 team this weekend, and the possible shutdown of other teams in the series, new spots in the field were a topic of discussion after the race. As it stands, the 08 team would be the first in line to take the 51's spot and points in the series heading into next weekend's event, via their strong showing today. Discussions between the team and race management will take place during the next few days.

F--S--#--Name

1. 21 #15 S English
    2. 19 #68 K Missimer
    3. 12 #77 D Dennis
    4. 8 #83 J Sampson
    5. 6 #43 J Jordan
    6. 4 #8 D dos Santos
    7. 1 #28 C DesRosiers
    8. 14 #27 J Werth
    9. 9 #32 J Isaacs
    10. 15 #3 M O'Reilly
    11. 18 #22 J Gamboa
    12. 3 #93 J Keel
    13. 11 #08 M Scott
    14. 10 #94 P Dempsey
    15. 2 #79 B Nixon
    16. 13 #54 R Xue
    17. 7 #00 M Lewon
    18. 5 #99 M Oppenheimer
    19. 17 #71 T Griffin -1L
    20. 20 #18 S Lennox -19L Retired
    21. 16 #67 A Walz -22L Retired

10. The Captain

The Captain Well-Known Member Banned

"Well I think we found a new strategy. See a window to take the lead, then make the move two laps later. That's the third time this year we've lost a win with two to go and two of them came right here in this event. It's a good sign though. We're making lots of progress as a team. We had loads of fun tonight with this Adidas rocket and hopefully we can be stealing one at the end instead of having them stolen from us. Congrats to Sean. He drove his butt off to get to us and get around us. Enjoy that paycheck, it's mine next year!"

11. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

ML#00: "Its an All-Star race, tempers run hot...bad decisions get made. Racing for the lead early, I guess the 99 didn't like the move I put on him to close the door, and he tried to show us his displeasure by trying to wreck us on pit road. In the heat of the moment, I wasn't going to take it. I hate that the 67 ended up paying for out scuffle...but its an All-Star race. Its win or nothing, and the 99 was trying to give us nothing. Unfortunately, the payback damaged our car as well as his, and for that, I really have to apologize to my entire team. Its been a rough week with the closing of the 51 team...and we needed a pick-me-up, badly. They gave me a rocketship, again. The Pepsi Throwback Impala was just as great as it was last week, here, and in the spring. Its just to bad my aggressiveness cost us. I hope it was a good finish for the fans, though...that's what its all about with these non-points events."

12. Mike24

Mike24 Retired

If possible, please let it be a Chevy for our camp. :)

13. Chevellion

Right now, it will probably be the 08 Chevy taking the 51's place. I don't know what's going on with the 1 car as of now.

14. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

JJ Jordan: "Fifth. It doesn't mean much, but it's cool to do that well in the inaugural race. I'm proud of my team's effort."

15. DERacing

DERacing SRD's Resident Lunatic!

Top 10 finish for the 32 and 3 car from SRD, Inc. tonight. Just a preview of what the SRD boys have in store for the next race. These were mainly used as a test session for us so we didn't take any unplanned chances. Our cars are fast and aero package needs just a little more tweaking this week to get ready. But we have the cars dialed in and will be applying the setup notes to Jimmy's car too.

MO and I look forward to pushing Jimmy across the line next week for his first win, the third for SRD and a 1-2-3 finish!

BRING IT ON BOYS!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2011
  16. Jagnole3

Jagnole3 Well-Known Member

Lennox via twitter:

oh well, was hoping that would be our boost to get me in the league, but we failed. Sigh.

17. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Now, it's down to victory lane

Well, well, well.... How's that for a birthday present?

"It's awesome! I had a great time out there, and I'm glad that I was able to give these Spoetzl Brewery guys a good run for their money. It was a great ride out there, and I really appreciate that #68 giving us a push at the end, it got us across the line first. A great night, gotta thank Spoetzl Brewery, Royal Purple, Dodge, Mopar, my crew, teammates, family, friends, and fellow competitors. You all made this possible tonight."

Now that you have won here, what could this mean for the rest of the season?

"Well, this was a huge boost for our team. We were running second in points early on and then we had a number of set backs..... We really lost all hope. I think tonight should encourage us to fight back and get us back in the top-5 hopefully."

Alrighty, we look forward to seeing you back in victory lane.

"Thank you guys"

18. super39fan

super39fan Well-Known Member

Our car had been slow all weekend, it was the same car we used at last week's Daytona race so I wasn't surprised. Looking back, we should've kept the car from the first Daytona race instead of cutting it up and giving it to racingmetal.com Anyway, it seems every single team decided to sport a black scheme during the race so it was hard to find your friends and stay with the draft. Perhaps I could have done better if I kept the original Twitter blue.

The guys @VolunteerMotorsports really need to turn it up a notch if we want to keep in contention points-wise.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  19. NascarXprt

NascarXprt Well-Known Member

after having an Open win and then finishing in the top 10 of the main event is a big step in the right direction for this crew and for the V2M team and also having two cars under the same banner in the main event is a big plus. although with our third car we are looking at some changes to happen in the shop to help the performance of the team. but a great all star event none the less!

20. moppenheimer

moppenheimer #Murica

Sorry this is late, rough week.

"00 was blocking me and running me hard for the whole first half of the race, I let it go, I was fine with it. Its an allstar race, you gotta expect guys to race like jerks. We made our pitstop, jack dropped, I went, and the next thing I know im turning around. He can pretend it was my fault all he wants, but it was him turning me around. Next time, I won't let the blocking go. *Mike Oppenheimer-esque Grin*"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.