5.00 star(s) 4 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Thunder98's Showroom

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Figured I'd make one of these too in case I make stuff.

Speaking of stuff, finished off the new schemes that'll be running for my offline cup team in 2017. I'll be running the same Wrangler schemes as last year with the blue/yellow and red/black/silver combinations, Parker Kligerman is running the same Goody's scheme as the last two seasons, and Brian Vickers will be running the same Xarelto scheme as last year as well.

Which brings me to this year's new cup schemes. Parker will have a Goody's PM scheme set to run the night races, Brian will have a new scheme to run the night races with as well, and following a championship victory for my Xfinity series team last season, Alex Bowman will be piloting the #94 Popeyes Chevy. Not bad for a last minute deal after TBR gave him the boot.

*Credits*
Bases, Numbers, some logos- Me
Contigs- Alan Harkleroad, DERacing
Other logos- Google, BOTW
Template- BER

Xfinity and trucks will come eventually. Until then, enjoy!

Junebugrocks88

Premier Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
I don't know what they're called (they look like the New Orleans Saints logo), but the subtle inclusion of the 'Saints logos' is really cool! Really digging that Goody's scheme too!

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys. I didn't want to have a mainly white scheme on the Popeyes car so I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

To prevent double-posting I'll just edit this post. I've already shown these off on Facebook a few weeks ago so I figured I'd post these here as well. Way back in 2008/09, I worked with a fella named Sage to create a Piston Cup carset from the first Cars movie for the Cup90 mod and with the third movie coming out this year in addition to leaked diecasts being shown, I found myself making three cars for the Monster Energy Alpha 2 mod.
11.png

The blue on this 11 is actually darker than the picture shows. No official name has been given to this car.
20.png

Jackson Storm, the primary antagonist.
42.png

From what I gathered this is Hank Weathers, son of "The King" Strip Weathers from the first movie. Hank has a brother named Strip Jr. but nothing has been revealed about the character.

*Credits*
Bases, some logos, numbers- Me
Other logos- Google
Templates- Douglas Allen

Download Links: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wwvx28jzvpu82g/Cars3_11CB.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/84jrtdbuct1thsx/Cars3_20JS.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c477ppr656a5ga3/Cars3_42HW.zip

Comments welcome! Not sure if I'm going to do any more of these at the moment, depends on how much free time I'll have.

BobbyRicky62

Known in some circles as 19Caleb93
SRD Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not the only one here excited for Cars 3.

But yeah, nice paints, Jack!

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
I hope I'm not the only one here excited for Cars 3.

But yeah, nice paints, Jack!
Honestly, I am too. I feel like this third movie should've been the sequel since it appears to tie in more with the original than the James Bond wannabe.

Also, thanks!

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Finally starting to get around to doing my team's truck rides. With Ron Hornaday retiring a champion, Cole Custer moving on to the Stewart-Haas Xfinity team, and my mind made up after entering a part-time #31 truck last season with two promising K&N East prospects, someone has to fill the hole in what was the #00 OneMain Silverado.

After considering my options I decided to give the ride to Corey LaJoie. With only two starts to his truck resume, LaJoie will be competing for Rookie of the Year honors as well as a points championship. The scheme is based on Randy LaJoie's Kleenex scheme from the early 2000s.

*Credits*
Base, Number, some logos- Me
Contigs- Alan Harkleroad
Other logos- Google, Masgrafx
Template- Big Evil Racing w/updated grill/headlights

Comments welcome!

dalejr88rox

Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread
Reaction score
Finally starting to get around to doing my team's truck rides. With Ron Hornaday retiring a champion, Cole Custer moving on to the Stewart-Haas Xfinity team, and my mind made up after entering a part-time #31 truck last season with two promising K&N East prospects, someone has to fill the hole in what was the #00 OneMain Silverado.

After considering my options I decided to give the ride to Corey LaJoie. With only two starts to his truck resume, LaJoie will be competing for Rookie of the Year honors as well as a points championship. The scheme is based on Randy LaJoie's Kleenex scheme from the early 2000s.

*Credits*
Base, Number, some logos- Me
Contigs- Alan Harkleroad
Other logos- Google, Masgrafx
Template- Big Evil Racing w/updated grill/headlights

Comments welcome!
That truck is awesome. One of my favorite schemes too, and it's pretty brilliantly reimagined

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Thank you, fellas. Glad you like it! I'm hoping to get the other trucks done this weekend or at least this upcoming week since it's my spring break from classes.

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Here is the second full-time truck I'll be fielding this season. Last season I entered a part-time #31 truck for Spencer Davis and Kyle Benjamin, giving them each five starts. Being impressed with Benjamin he'll be piloting the #71 Enterprise Rent-A-Car Silverado. 71 was Benjamin's late model number and the 7 shown here has been fixed on the 07 so that they match and look better in my book.

Like LaJoie, Benjamin will also be running for ROTY honors and a championship.

Same credits as above though the only addition being the CRC logo coming from T4G.

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Now for the third and last full-time entry to my truck team. Needing a veteran's presence I turned to someone who was out of the sport as soon as he got the spotlight; 2012 champion James Buescher.

Every team has their pains at one point or another, and this is no different as no real sponsorship was found to fund the #31 team. So for Daytona and Atlanta, blank trucks were run with the logos of the Red Dog Brewing Company, a fictional brand of beer [when in reality it was for a Digital Illustration course]. So at several races the other four schemes will run to promote the four pirate-themed beers.

Same credits as before. All that's left is the lone part-time entry for another promising prospect before moving on to the Xfinity program.

Thunder98

That Nostalgia Guy
SRD Member
Reaction score
Last but not least, the lone part-time entry. Following Ron Hornaday's retirement from the #16 NAPA Silverado he's made famous in two stints resulting in three consecutive championships, I decided the best-suited successor would be another champion driving a #16 NAPA-sponsored car. Enter 2016 K&N West Series Champion, Todd Gilliland.

Bill McAnally has made his name on the #16 NAPA car since the Winston West days, so this scheme is moreso a throwback to the 90s Monte Carlos he fielded rather than Ron's truck scheme. Todd will only run a handful of races at the tracks he's eligible to compete in to preserve his rookie eligibility for 2019 when he's old enough to run the full schedule. His slew of schemes promote the different NAPA services and products, as well as a special Canada truck set to run at CTMP.

Same credits, only addition being the NAPA logo coming from T4G.

Imaloopynacha

SRD Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments, guys. I didn't want to have a mainly white scheme on the Popeyes car so I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

To prevent double-posting I'll just edit this post. I've already shown these off on Facebook a few weeks ago so I figured I'd post these here as well. Way back in 2008/09, I worked with a fella named Sage to create a Piston Cup carset from the first Cars movie for the Cup90 mod and with the third movie coming out this year in addition to leaked diecasts being shown, I found myself making three cars for the Monster Energy Alpha 2 mod.
View attachment 88772
The blue on this 11 is actually darker than the picture shows. No official name has been given to this car. View attachment 88773
Jackson Storm, the primary antagonist. View attachment 88774
From what I gathered this is Hank Weathers, son of "The King" Strip Weathers from the first movie. Hank has a brother named Strip Jr. but nothing has been revealed about the character.

*Credits*
Bases, some logos, numbers- Me
Other logos- Google
Templates- Douglas Allen

Download Links: http://www.mediafire.com/file/9wwvx28jzvpu82g/Cars3_11CB.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/84jrtdbuct1thsx/Cars3_20JS.zip
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c477ppr656a5ga3/Cars3_42HW.zip

Comments welcome! Not sure if I'm going to do any more of these at the moment, depends on how much free time I'll have.
The 42 car is ironically going to be Voiced by kyle Petty