1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Tire Wear Issues and how to fix them?

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by nascarandindy, Nov 20, 2019.

1. nascarandindy

nascarandindy Well-Known Member

In the past couple of races that I've attempted, after a certain amount of laps, no matter what setup I run (fast, Jasper, expert, etc.), my right front tire wears down super quick at certain tracks (ex. ISM 2019, Darlington 2015, Homestead 2017). I've tried freeing up the car, loosening it up, adjusting the weight to the front, reducing the right front tire pressure, adjusting the springs, but no matter what, 5-10 laps into a practice or race run, the car becomes SUPER tight and undrivable to the point where my lap times completely fall off a cliff. It's gotten aggravating to the point where I've quit races out of frustration.

Is there something that I'm doing wrong setup wise? How can I fix this issue?

2. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07 Banned

You're driving it too deep in the corner. Roll out of the gas early and let the car do its thing.

I build my setups to drive off the right rear, like a sprint car. I add a lot of trackbar and take out a ton of wedge, then use the throttle to turn so my RF doesn't wear out. It lets you go a lot faster through the corner, but it's a lot harder to drive.

SpiderTre, Mystical and Tetronix like this.
  3. Rufio2031

Rufio2031 Well-Known Member

And ISM and Homestead are both easy tracks to overdrive. Driving technique might need a tweak. You're probably too tight to begin with, and compounding it by maybe driving in too hard. I would try cooling off the entry a little like crazy said and see if that alleviates the issue, even if just a little. If you're driving in too hard you might be setting the car up too tight so you don't spin on your hard entry. Just guessing of course. We'd need to know more about what the car is doing and how you're driving to help with the setup.
    When I have front tire problems, it's typically the LF. Which...I have been struggling to find out why. Must be a core setup technique I'm using that is messing it up.

I'd love to try something of yours @crazyboy335 , I've tried similar things but always end up to loose. Don't know if it's poor setup or poor driver.

4. oddball

oddball Well-Known Member

Everyone drives differently. Like others have posted, rolling out of the gas might help. One thing that I’ve learned with my driving style, is to move weight towards the rear and that frees up the car.