1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Track and Sandbox help

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Naja Tech 93, Nov 15, 2018.

1. riviera71

riviera71 Well-Known Member

I don't think so but if cars normally have prio 8 and every texture in the track has prio 40 the cars will look blurry if the computer isn't quite good enough :)

sidenote, not sure if you've found it already but here http://nrtracks.com/nrtracks_board/index.php is another site with some sandbox/trackmaking tutorials

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  2. Naja Tech 93

Naja Tech 93 Happy Member

how to make AI overtake, on my track there is no overtake of the car at all.

3. TChapman500

TChapman500 Well-Known Member

What are the AI parameters of the track?

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  4. fortine_oo

fortine_oo Well-Known Member

Could be any of a number of singular issues or a combination of issues, but if the ai are not passing at all, the first place to look is...

[ ai_track ] or [ ai_track_(series) ]
    "ai_drafting_distance"

This value determines the distance between cars linearly, the grill of one car to the tail of the other. A value of 1.00 would be zero clearance.
    For RC's: a base value for cup would be 1.075-1.085, 1.07-1.055 for pta and GTP.
    For Ovals: probably 1.085 at a minimum to 1.1+ for Short tracks and plate tracks.
    Note: Too high a value will retard passing. Don't use a value higher than absolutely necessary to keep accidents to a minimum.
    A high value may cause the ai to checkup because they must maintain the minimum distance of clearance.

Reversed lp's, i.e. minrace.lp to the left of the race.lp, maxrace.lp to the right of the race.lp, can also inhibit ai passing.

Further avenues, Resources @NRTracks

Naja Tech 93 and TChapman500 like this.
  5. Naja Tech 93

does anyone know how to fix this? when starting the race, the AI was in the air, then when the AI touched the ground, they flew again and the game stopped working. IMG20190207221324.jpg

Last edited: Feb 7, 2019
  6. riviera71

You might have the grip set too high, iirc this happened a lot with the GTP specific tracks at first.
    The other thing is that your starting grids (full and non full) might be placed on a w-section or maybe in slopes?

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  7. Naja Tech 93

Thank you sir. but the problem is not in the grip or stuck in the slope. it turned out that the problem was in the LP. I guessed if the track couldn't make LP because the track I made was too long (20km). I'm sorry if I just found out about this. once again I thank you for still wanting to help me :(

8. riviera71

Hmm, I've never tried making a track that long so I have no idea if there's a limit on how long LP-files can be but Isle of Man is 15.388-mile according to the track.ini and I think the AI is working there? (not sure if I've ever tried running it, 0.5m and only left turns is usually enough for me lol)

9. fortine_oo

Allegedly, NR2003 has no track length limit.
    Problems may arise with tracks in lengths of hundreds or thousands of miles, however I cannot verify that.

LHC_beta (Large Hadron Collider) is < track_length_n_type = 26.659 km Circle > and it has working lp's, so it would seem your problem is not directly related total track length.

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  10. Naja Tech 93

that's right, but after I made the LP for that track, AI works normally. does that happen because there are steep slopes or ravines like the Stuntrak track?

11. T18

T18 Well-Known Member

I will confirm a 50 mile track will load but it goes thru the skybox and even with out LPs the default line gives up about 30 miles in if memory serves me. We a fun mess around online track however.

Naja Tech 93 likes this.
  12. fortine_oo

I'm not sure what you're saying.
    You said "... the problem was in the LP", but now you're saying "... after I made the LP for that track, AI works normally".

Does this mean you didn't create an lp in the first instance and the ai didn't perform correctly, but you have now actually created (l.e. driven and saved) a race.lp and the ai perform normally?
    NOTE: If you don't "create" a race.lp NR2003 will use the track centerline as the race.lp.

13. Naja Tech 93

oh, sorry, I don't know if it's called the track centerline. I usually call it the default LP

yes, AI performs correctly after I make a LP. when the LP track is still Centerline, AI does not perform correctly.