Latest resources

The Fastest ¼ Mile in the Northeast gets the "Full Monty" PST treatment with this 2020 facelift!
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS20 Mustang Template 2048 x 2048 Update MattyO
Bigger rear decal (tail light decal)
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cts Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cts Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
NXS Mod Cup Physics MattyO
NXS20 Mod Cup Physics
0.00 star(s) 0 ratings
Downloads
Updated
SRD NXS20 Blender Scene Burnout
5.00 star(s) 1 ratings
Downloads
Updated

Updating the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lurn2Burn

SRD Member
Reaction score
My friend has a Wii. It's all giant bobblehead games for kids and no real action or racing and the controller is messed up. I've been through 3 XBOX 360's (under warranty) and they overheat and shut down. I bought a PS3 last year and never looked back. The hardware and software is much better. No contest.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Anywho, Id been meaning to ask this. With the update should we see a less...well a better structured roster for Cup?
I'm thinking not 'til they add NNS and NCWTS, still could be a possibility for the 2011 update though

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
My friend has a Wii. It's all giant bobblehead games for kids and no real action or racing and the controller is messed up. I've been through 3 XBOX 360's (under warranty) and they overheat and shut down. I bought a PS3 last year and never looked back. The hardware and software is much better. No contest.
LOL, I love my PS3. I love that it has free online Multiplayer, It's a Blu-Ray Player, and Netflix (Not sure if the 360 has that or not?)

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ah, the Kinect and the move...

Anybody notice how it came out about 3-4 years after the Wii itself did?

I've tried the Kinect. Every time I tried to do something, it didn't work, yet in game, every movement did something. The Move I haven't tried.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Wii is terrible, but the graphics suck, it's a great system for little kids.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
If your talking about adding series via updating it wont happen im sure when they package the schemes and new cup models itll be a 10 mb update if anything they might release nns and trucks as free dlc.

JeffJordan

My name is no longer Jeff Jordan
SRD Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying the Wii is terrible, but the graphics suck, it's a great system for little kids.
The Wii covers a massive demographic. That's why it's selling a lot better than the PS3 or the 360.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Agreed. I have had my 60gb ps3 since they released. I run it all the time, movies, streaming, Internet, and gaming. 4 years and hasn't died yet. I upgraded the internal drive to a 320gb and i am about to bump that to a 1tb. Games take up alot of space with the content loads, and love that I am not restricted to a proprietary drive like XBOX has. Any standard notebook drive works.

Its the best bang for the buck. It was when it launched and still is.

Carl Robinson

I'm just better than you.
SRD Member
Reaction score
LOL, I love my PS3. I love that it has free online Multiplayer, It's a Blu-Ray Player, and Netflix (Not sure if the 360 has that or not?)
Not to be a fanboy but.....
The ps3 has had less technical errors yes but while the online multiplayer is free ive read several reviews that connections to sony serves can be very troublesome. Also yes 360 does have netflix and i love it.

SpeedEnergy

SRD Member
Reaction score
Nope, no blu-ray or free online, not sure bout netflix plus they overheat and shut down, your better off with the ps3, i'm glad i got me one

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I own all 3 systems. And I think each has their nitch. But the PS3 to me, pound for pound. stat for stat hardware and capability wise smokes the other 2.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
i have 6tb on my Desktop. 2 internal and 4 external. ripped blu ray take up alot of space. i like to keep a portable collection of my stuff for when i am out of town for long periods like my 3 week trip to hawaii.

MattyO

SJW & Woke Hater
Admin
Reaction score
There is a few people in this thread and a bunch more people in other threads we have seen that are on very thin ice.

I suggest you guys take a break from here and get your minds right. The snide remarks and the constant bickering is getting old.

And it's not just this thread we are talking about either.

All the mods, all the staff, and all the Dev team are aware of what's been going on lately.

Were all tired of it.

Fisha695

Esteemed Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Ah, the Kinect and the move...

Anybody notice how it came out about 3-4 years after the Wii itself did?

I've tried the Kinect. Every time I tried to do something, it didn't work, yet in game, every movement did something. The Move I haven't tried.
The same basic technology in Kinect actually came out in 2003 (was in the works since 1999) and it was known as the PS2 EyeToy. It supports the same hands-free real-time gaming stuff like the Kinect does (obviously being older though it has it's more limited). The PS3 version of EyeToy (I believe it's just called the Eye) supports that kind of stuff too. Just none of the developers really make use of it.. lol

The idea behind the Move was also created back in the days of Development for the PS2 EyeToy.

Stanford Video from early 200l's tech demo for the EyeToy & what became the Move: http://lang.stanford.edu/courses/ee380/2003-2004/040121-ee380-100.wmv

And here is a PDF (I think it was originally part of the demo shown in the video above) from Sony R&D that is the original concept for the Move: http://www.research.scea.com/research/pdfs/SIGGRAPHsketch2001RICK_pp.pdf

That research was in late 2000/early 2001 at that point the Gamecube hadn't even been released yet, and Nintendo themselves admits to not even beginning conceptual brainstorming for the Wii until late 2001.

That video is really long but it's a pretty neat behind the scenes style look at how this technology was thought of and what the original hopes were for it.

i am about to bump that to a 1tb.
Ya gotta be careful though as some 1tb and up drives are actually slightly bigger dimension wise then the standard laptop HDDs,

If you're willing to spend the money I've heard the Solid State Drives are great too and they reduce loading/saving/accessing time a lot.

Legacyofthe24

SRD Member
Reaction score
yeah i got a pretty good deal on my 1 and a half tb EHD last christmas at the local Fry's around here. i think i paid $90 for it and it's a beautiful thing i tell ya.

Alan Harkleroad

SRD Site Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
yeah but, SSD drives can only be written to so many times then they start to lose sectors. technology for them is not quite there yet cost or reliability for me personally.

a 10k rpm raptor drive is better then the SSD drives right now and more reliable from what i hear.

Status
Not open for further replies.