Updated

Warming up Tires under Pacelap

Status
Not open for further replies.

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
My car always seems at every track that my car seems to break loose while warming up my tires. No matter how tight I can make it. It is controllable, but it does not look realistic. the tires cannot grab in time when I try to warm them up and slip and slide.

Brandon Howe

Track Creator at NR Track Designs
SRD Member
Reaction score
Because we're talking about a tire model from 2003 that is now inadequate especially concerning its low speed characteristics, doing things like this don't effect it much.

The tires don't gain heat the way they do in real life. Scrubbing the tires and doing little burnouts under pacing has no real effect on the tires. They just continue to cool down more and more

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Because we're talking about a tire model from 2003 that is now inadequate especially concerning its low speed characteristics, doing things like this don't effect it much.

The tires don't gain heat the way they do in real life. Scrubbing the tires and doing little burnouts under pacing has no real effect on the tires. They just continue to cool down more and more
Is it possible to edit the tire model or is it in the .exe?

David24

Supreme Senior Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
No anything related to physics is locked in the .exe.

I always scrub my tires under caution, never expected it to actually warm up my tires. Just did it for fun I guess. But if you are sliding around spinning the tires I am pretty sure you're doing it way too hard

starsxxx

Soft-Boi Member
SRD Member
Reaction score
Well the main reason is when I spin slowly, I try what I can to do to save it, but the car just keeps spinning.

Status
Not open for further replies.