1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Why Modders Quit Modding.

Discussion in 'NR2003 General Discussion' started by Smoke OR, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Smoke OR

Smoke OR Official Toad Hunter.

Hahhahaha and all the Todd wannabes come out to play.

Rogue likes this.
  2. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

The way this is heading, maybe IROC is my 1 and only mod for nr2003.....I was going to do an updated 5 star late model mod......hmmmm. Makes Assetto Corsa MORE inviting IMO.

mtblillie likes this.
  3. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

Are you really gonna ignore how you doxxed someone's info and mocked his girlfriend's weight online because he said some mean things about you online? Because I didn't forget.

Remember when I said we should shut that thread down because it looked bad on the entire website and you preceded to try to make 2 separate threads to shit talk me and you didn't have the reading comprehension to even spell my username right?
    lowlife.JPG
    Todd may be an asshole but he's not an insufferable twat who's been parading around an avatar that's a literal death threat to someone all because of a fucking video game. And now, you're throwing a tantrum online and doxxing more people because someone said a mod in beta could use some work. I've never seen someone with such a fragile ego before.

Take your mods and shove it. I don't want it if it's made by someone who literally stalks and threatens to kill people they don't like because of things said on a forum.

Nice bike

4. IMCool332

IMCool332 Well-Known Member

5. Rogue

Rogue Well-Known Member

Comment on that...when you know the FULL!!!!! story...I seriously doubt you know everything that went on on various forums over years.

6. David24

David24 Paint Crew Paint Crew

Lmao I wonder how many people will get this

7. mtblillie

mtblillie It's MTB Lillie, not MT Billy

I agree with you, but there is one flaw in your logic. Would you so readily say things like x song sucks if you were friends with musicians and knew how much work was put into a song? Would you especially say things like to a group of people knowing that there were musicians in that group who might not like what you have to say?

Smoke definitely crossed a line by putting a private conversation out to everyone. Sorry Smoke, but you did. But at the same time I get why he is upset. It's one thing to say that you are tired of crappy mods to someone in confidence. It is another thing to say that out loud in a group. I'm not offended in any way by this, and for me at least I will forget about it by tomorrow, but I do find it ironic that members of a community that values not shitting on peoples free hard work are trying to play it off like it isn't that big a deal. It may not be to you, and that is fine, but don't be surprised that someone who contributes to that same free hard work doesn't like what you have to say. If I started talking about things like "man I am so tired off all the fictional carsets when there are plenty of real cars to be made" or "why are people making 90s tracks when we can't get decent updated tracks" I would be in the dumpster so fast by this community.

8. CCM284

CCM284 Well-Known Member

Just thought I'd leave my 2-cents about this:
    1. People will comment stupid shit no matter what you do. It's the internet. I also definitely understand how much it hurts when someone says something derogatory towards something you have put a lot of time and effort into. However, with that said, you need to differentiate between constructive criticism and just downright hating on the mod. Other than a few comments in the post, most were fairly tame and just some simple suggestions. People can and will have different opinions than you and just because they do, doesn't mean they are wrong.

2. Regarding Smoke's post, I don't think that just posting a complete Facebook thread was appropriate. All you're doing is just stirring the pot and opening yourself up to more hate than you got in the first place. If you took issue to what they said, deal with it privately. Don't go and post it on another forum complaining about it.

3. To go along with my first two points, in my opinion, if you make something and post it to the internet, you need to have thick skin. People can and will say much worse that what was said in this thread and to be quite frank, if you are bothered by what they said, than I don't think the internet is the place for you.

4. Like @dalejr88rox touched on, at the end of the day, it's a video game. There's no need to start an argument over something that, in my opinion, is as small as this. People have kept this game alive for over 15 years and it is no where near dead but I will admit, many creators have stopped making content and have been driven away over much less. The creators that make mods/tracks/sound packs/etc. for this game need to stop taking comments like these so seriously because if this level of sensitivity continues, then this game will inevitably die off. Don't let what others say deter you from creating something that you are passionate about. For every person who posts a negative comment are others who appreciate the work that is put into something like this mod.

MrDude68, Tetronix, mtblillie and 2 others like this.
  9. JNieder51188

JNieder51188 Well-Known Member

You know I never get into general discussion that get so off of sim racing, but it seems that there are years and years of beef between multiple people that it truly seems impossible to sort out. Its like a damn crime board trying to sort out who sides with who.

6fcb98f63717a44fe466782d098d17aa.jpg

dacinch8, MrDude68, Tetronix and 4 others like this.
  10. sro_cosmin

sro_cosmin Well-Known Member

i see my name came up so, here's why. When i saw the unwrapping of the cars i was kind of disappointed, considering i put probably most of the time in making sure they were easy to use for people painting on them. It can be really easy to just use the automap feature. It's a pain to connect the vertices manually for each car. so. that's why i compared them to the BR11 ones. They were hard to paint on and frankly, i never used them to this day because of that. (but that's personal)

To stay on subject with the thread, why I quit is really simple. There's 3 reasons actually:
    1. I don't have the time to put into it as much as i did then.
    2. I sort of made ours thinking ahead to the leagues that i was running at the time, but now they're all gone.
    3. I went to iRacing. The drama is better.

11. squiggles

squiggles Active Member Banned

This is just me, but I don't think it was a great idea to dox people.

Even if you had to make this thread, you could have at least taken the time to swap their names with like "Person A" or a fake name or something.

12. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

This is funny. Peoples panties are in a bunch because a supposedly "private" Facebook group has their shit talking made public. You want to talk shit, but don't want your name attached? lol! Nevermind the fact for the better part of what? 8 years since that travesty of a group has been open, that's all that's been going on there is shit talking peoples stuff. That part is okay, but getting called out on it publicly is where you guys are drawing the line? lol.

So what is the problem? Now people know you talk shit about their work? Good, serves you right. Did you assholes ever consider that maybe whoever is making x,y,z mod is doing the very best that they can? Or whatever template they are making that they are doing the best that they can? And doing it for free on their own time. All the while, most of you in that group, minus Italo, Cosmin and the BER group haven't contributed a fucking thing to the NR2003 community besides having your hands open for another free handout and talking shit about our work. You guys will garner no sympathy here.

FYI @dalejr88rox , there was at least 20 of us trying to find out sb70's info. Would have been more if we let more people into the group if they knew about it. The guy has been an insufferable asshole since he joined the community. So if you want to point the finger at anyone about finding out who sb70 was, there is a lot of people you need to be pointing at. Not sure why we are talking about him anyway, but whatever. Another tidbit, when you sign up to a forum, you are giving away your private information. Unless you are really, really good, it's not hard to pin point who you are and where you live. sb70 was an expert at it, and for good reason. A 3 time felon who has his girlfriend paying for his website was certainly information he didn't want people to know about. But when you break the law like he did, and doesn't want to respond to DMCA's, you need to blame his webhost too for giving out his information. I digress.....

So, go ahead and poach more of my members for your discord server while you can @dalejr88rox , your overreaction to every offensive post you find here has run it's course.

4WideRacing likes this.
  13. MattyO

Oh one more thing. Who makes a group to show off digital artwork on a medium like Facebook that is notorious for degrading digital designs? Brilliant move. Guess paying for a website is where the line get's drawn again. Always on someone else's dime right?

4WideRacing likes this.
  14. dalejr88rox

Matt nobody's being poached by our group, it's a private league people have to ask to join lol. Maybe if people are constantly leaving your forum, it's because your attitude drives people away? I know at least a dozen people who don't like you or how you express yourself.

Also, saying I overreact to "offensive posts" when you sent me an incredibly long pm bitching that I said using slurs isn't cool is the epitome of pot meets kettle. Look in the mirror if you wanna see someone who overreacts because I don't give a shit what you think of me lol

15. dalejr88rox

FFS one of your moderators just resigned because of your guys' reactions and yet I'm still the bad guy? Check again bud, I don't think people disagree with me
    like 1.PNG like 2.PNG

Zeypter123 likes this.
  16. MattyO

Is that all? I can name at least a dozen more myself.
    What am I overreacting about in this thread?

As for my pm, I called someone a half a fag. Next thing I know, you are grouping me in with people who roll up queers in carpets and setting them on fire. Yeah, I'm the one overreacting. lol.

Get the fuck out dude. Log out and go away. I've heard enough of your shit over the years.

4WideRacing likes this.
  17. dalejr88rox

If you think me explaining the origin of a slur is me grouping you with those people, you really need to understand what a history lesson is.

If you want me gone, ban me. Sorry someone called you out for being a shitty person

18. MattyO

I really have no idea why I pay $100 a month to listen and put up with this stupid shit. But since I got nothing better to do the rest of the night, any of you other smart ass's want to continue posting free matt meme's, I'll keep pulling the ban trigger. Keep em coming fucksticks.

thedude1987, bvc and 4WideRacing like this.
  19. Checker_MC

Checker_MC Well-Known Member

Since I'm part of the conversation quoted in the original post I thought I should say something to it.
    (Damn, I tried to keep out of NR-community's drama for almost 25 years but now it obviously caught on me)

To what I said in the conversation quoted in the original post: I mean it.

I really respect and cherish anyone doing all the work to do mods and I'm willing to pay for them if necessary. This particular mod just looks underwhelming so far. I'm aware it's an Alpha and might improve big time so my opinion just goes for the current state of the mod.

I'm not by any means able to create a mod by myself so I don't put demands out there what level it needs to have. That's neither my right nor necessary. I'm just a guy painting textures.

I'm part of the Digital Design group and I enjoy being there. I tend to post my cars there quite a while before I publish them so others can look over them and tell me if anything should be changed or improved. For that the group is really useful.

If my part in the conversation made it seem I was shredding the creators of this mod I'm sorry. That was not what I intended. I just wanted to compare it with the mods that were released in the last year or two and compared to those (especially when it comes to the paintability) the new mod still needs a lot of work.

If anyone feels offended by my comment, please take my apologies.

That's all I'm gonna say about that, already enough NR-community drama for me.

20. MrDude68

MrDude68 Well-Known Member

Good lord this has gotten out of hand. @Thunder98 had the right idea when he closed this thread on post #8. In my opinion it should be deleted and washed off the Internet.

Then don't reopen threads like this and you won't have to face the fact that people disagree with you maybe?

THIS is what's killing this community. There's no reason for this level of irrational toxicity. Grown men should act like grown men. You're putting yourself on an island, Matt.

I'm with dalejr88rox, and I'm willing to go down with him. If this is how things are going to continue to work here, then I won't be coming back anyway. Honestly I've been off video games since last summer, and as I've stated before, my interest in NASCAR on the whole has also dwindled rapidly over the years. Which means I was really only here out of habit and the familiarity of the place. You'd be doing me a service, actually.

Title of the thread should be "Why People Leave SRD."

There is no need to apologize over butthurt.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020