1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

Do Pittsburgh residents hate Philly cheesesteak subs?

2. Spike

Spike Well-Known Member

So in the next 72hrs we are expecting anywhere from 3-15+ inches of snow, bulk of it tomorrow and another 3-5 Sunday.

ThatOneShredder likes this.
  3. Phoenix

Pick'emgate has been solved.
    BILL.png

starscream24, nj9703 and dalejr88rox like this.
  4. ShadowKnight508

ShadowKnight508 Lt. Commish - SRD Pick-Em Series

5. Oceanic

Oceanic Garden of Light

Man, 2018 has thrown me for an enormous loop.

The week of my 21st birthday was miserable. I had been looking forward to it for months, but the host/homeowner for my party flaked. She informed me the day of my birthday that she wasn’t going to throw the party. Okay, whatever. Shit happens. Then I got a call from my grandparents - I assumed they were going to sing happy birthday like they do every year - but when I answered the phone, the mood was somber and I could tell they had been sobbing. Apparently my grandfather was diagnosed with inoperable cancer that has spread throughout his entire colon. He could be gone any day now.

I had been seeing a girl since November. I wouldn’t call it relationship. But we hung out several times a week, always got drinks together, all that good stuff. Her attitude around me began to change and I suspected the worst. Long story short, we’re going two different directions in life. The chance of us ever becoming a legitimate couple is slim to none. See, I don’t fall for people often. Or ever. It takes a lot for me to trust someone. I have been out of the dating scene for 2+ years because I have very little desire to be in a relationship... I’m under the impression that women are a waste of time, money, and attention. So when it comes to rejection, if that’s what you what to call this, I don’t know how to handle my emotions. I’m experiencing feelings I have never felt before. I poured my heart and soul into this girl and it’s all for nothing.

Wednesday. I came into work a little under the weather. We always have a server “on call” in case the scheduled employee is sick or fails to show up. Keep that in mind. Okay, so I was taking a table’s order and my nose wouldn’t quit running. I was desperately hoping they wouldn’t notice my sniffing every 5 seconds because that’s gross and embarrassing for obvious reasons. It got to the point where it was unbearable and running down my face and my body was aching so I needed to go home. I communicated with my manager. He had no issue calling in the backup server so I could leave (somewhat) early. As he’s cashing me out at the end of the shift, he says I’m not allowed to return to work until I have a doctor’s clearance. Basically I have to spend $30 on a pointless visit to the doctor. In my four years of working for this company I have never seen or been told to do this. Ridiculous, especially considering it’s probably just a cold and I’m going to be fine in 48 hours. The manager in question has treated me like absolute dirt the last several weeks, due to something that involved me, but was entirely out of my control. I started to get the feeling he was out to get me. Well, he was, because after a small debate about this doctor’s note I was terminated.

So combine these three paragraphs with all the other random nonsense that has occurred in a matter of months. Realizing some of my “best friends” aren’t trustworthy at all, struggling financially, etc. As well as my ever-worsening battles with anxiety and major depression. I’m in such a bad place. Lost, stressed, angry. NASCAR season is right around the corner and Sundays are my happy days but I can only take so much more of life’s bullshit.

6. Saan Anguish

Saan Anguish Inflictor of Pain

Damn man, that's a lot all at once, and I know it can be tough to deal with... but you have to find a way to get through it. Just keep your head up, things will get better.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  7. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

8. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

@Oceanic I'm so sorry to hear about all that... :(

Don't forget, hardship is where our strength comes from. And keep finding stuff to do every day... It's very therapeutic. I'll be keeping you in my prayers tonight.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  9. Phoenix

Nice one, Fox.
    70AF7940-9FF9-4172-AD8C-7F6AB911DC13.jpeg

BrendonH12 and nascarfan9 like this.
  10. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

1C050B2A-F881-4465-A433-2BBD065C6397.jpeg

Tetronix, Phoenix and nascarfan9 like this.
  11. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Love the fact I can watch Nascar on Roku after ditching DirecTV after 13 years.

12. wslates

wslates 1

That is referring to the number of restrictor plate starts he's had.

Tetronix likes this.
  13. nj9703

nj9703 Very Stable Genius

Chevrolet =/= Ford

wslates likes this.
  14. wslates

wslates 1

Tah! Didn't even notice.

15. Brandon Miller

Brandon Miller Well-Known Member

Ryan Preece was racing at Bronson Speedway today. His throttle hung and he flipped through the fence.

FB_IMG_1518305803182.jpg

dalejr88rox likes this.
  16. JeffJordan

JeffJordan Yes, my name is actually Jeff Jordan

Definitely complicated right now, but I hope things turn out for the best for you.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  17. wslates

wslates 1

Just finished the first season of Star Trek Discovery. Had its problems, but I really enjoyed it. Looking forward to season 2.

18. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

Huge crash for Brittany Force at the Pamona Nationals:

Glad my favorite NHRA driver is O.K. after that horrific incident, and I pray she has a speedy recovery.
    9D9DF137-3698-4383-980E-7BA0A7E9AE67.jpeg

19. DanAsher26

DanAsher26 Well-Known Member Admin

The last month has been the slow process of repainting a new house and then moving 25 years of crap into it for my parents. This weekend we'll be packing the last of the big stuff and we'll officially be moved in. And then next weekend I get to do it all over again as my roommate and I repaint/replace some stuff in our new house and move into that. Can't wait until this is all over with. Never moved in my life, now I'm moving twice in one month.

20. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus!

353258A6-1D5A-4168-9B5A-F5CF061D522E.jpeg
    BCD4B484-C1B2-4BB2-B3F6-49962382E382.gif