1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

But if you really have interest in offline leagues you should sign up for one of the official SRD leagues

joeykraus19 likes this.
  2. dacinch8

dacinch8 #DankeNiki

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
    theusar, Tetronix and BrendonH12 like this.
  3. GurtonBuster

GurtonBuster I'm in the business of misery

Hi, I'd like to submit an entry to the showcar HoF. Thanks.
    [​IMG]

4. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

That's running at an average pace of approx 8.3 mph, or consistent 7:13 miles. That's pretty intense. I was able to run a half marathon only averaging about 8.0 mph, meaning 7:30 miles, and I'm half his age, and I had trained for a couple of months. Just goes to show what an incredible athlete Jimmie is.

joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  5. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 5 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

dacinch8 likes this.
  6. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

It hurt me to see this catastrophe yesterday. So much history there... Thankfully no one was killed. And I read somewhere this morning that the massive organ also survived.

dacinch8, joeykraus19 and Tetronix like this.
  7. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Yes, definitely keeping the city and people of Paris in my thoughts and prayers. As @MrDude68 said, thankfully nobody was killed in this event. Also heard they’ve already raised a U.S. equivalent of $679 million to rebuild the cathedral.

dacinch8 likes this.
  8. crazyboy335

crazyboy335 #50in07

Well this is a nice sight to see in my notifications

[​IMG]

9. MWick4

MWick4 SRD SuperTruck Series Director

Kind of a longshot but does anyone have a NASCAR Heat 3 ticket voucher that they aren't planning on using this season? I decided this week that I want to make a day trip up to the Dover race but I've already used my voucher for the Coke 600.

10. TheOutlaw1272

TheOutlaw1272 No, you're breathtaking.

Ubisoft is going to help out with the rebuilding, because in Assassin's Creed Unity they had a giant rendition of the Notre Dame. A lot of people falsely say that they will use the game directly, but actually, they have over a thousand photos of the ins and outs of the cathedral that they will use to help rebuild the Notre Dame. My parents are planning to vacation there next month, and it sucks that they won't be able to see the cathedral in its full glory.

BrendonH12 likes this.
  11. wslates

wslates 1

I met Joey Logano today and asked him to write me a special message
    [​IMG]

12. JeffJordan

JeffJordan My name is no longer Jeff Jordan

Have y'all ever met drivers in circumstances that had nothing to do with a race?

I was thinking since Jimmie ran the marathon, I once met Jimmie right after he had finished a 5K in Charlotte. There's a very nice picture of me and a sweaty, miserable Jimmie Johnson.

I met Joey Logano at the New York Auto Show when he was still with Gibbs. He was just...there? He wasn't with anyone, just sitting on a bench looking at his phone. He's a solid half a foot taller than me.

I met Kevin Harvick (and Dikembe Mutombo) a couple years ago at Mobil 1 event next to Madison Square Garden. I think I posted that in this thread.

That's all I can remember at the moment.

13. TheOutlaw1272

I was at a Jimmie Johnson meet and greet back in 2015 at NHMS. Asked him if he passed his first driving test. (I was 15 at the time) His response was that the written was hard, but the actual driving was easy. I have the whole thing on video in order to savor the moment.

joeykraus19 and JeffJordan like this.
  14. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

Just thought I'd share this interesting image found in my college textbook...
    44.png

joeykraus19, JeffJordan and Tetronix like this.
  15. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmo the Great

I've met Robby Gordon twice actually in my hometown, both during Fontana race weeks/weekends. One was at a Stater Bros., the other at some sort of sponsor event. Not to mention all the times I've met Robby at the race track since he was always doing signings. Dude is super cool.

My dad is hellbent that we saw Jeff Gordon at our local mall, again during a Fontana week, though I kinda doubt it.

We met Alex Barron at our local Claim Jumper after an IRL race at Fontana. Was happy to speak for a couple of minutes, and signed my program and the Sarah Fisher shirt I was wearing.

Not off the track, but cool story. I went to a Brendan Gaughan signing at Fontana during his first stint in Cup in the 77. Come next race, he was back in his truck. Ran into him on the outfield, and somehow he remembered me.

Another not-off-track but cool story. Met Dave Blaney and some of his crew after the 2002 Sonoma race. Gave me a used lugnut. Have met Ken Schrader on the outskirts of PIR as well, but I was like 5 and forget where or why.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    BrendonH12 and Tetronix like this.
  16. TheOutlaw1272

So, this morning something bizarre happened. So on my phone, I have a bunch of alarms set up the night before in order to get me to wake up early. The next morning I was just fighting my alarms on my phone. And in pursuit of me fighting these alarms, I accidentally triggered the Emergency SOS protocol on my phone. Apparently if you press the side button rapidly enough, you can actually call 911 that way. So, I heard a voice on my phone, and I freaked out when I saw that I am in the emergency line. I explained to the operator what happened and that there was no emergency. Minutes later, a police officer showed up at my house, and I explained to him what happened that led to the accidental 911 call. So, yeah. It was a crazy start to my morning.

17. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

I do not but if you wanna meet up at dover we could

that's a nice alarm lmao

18. TheOutlaw1272

Press X to doubt. asdfsadf.PNG

19. joeykraus19

joeykraus19 Well-Known Member

is it possible that he has a reddit?

20. TheOutlaw1272

I am suspicious just b/c of the fact that the usernames are different. But if its actually him, then hey. You live and you learn.

joeykraus19 likes this.