1. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that the NXS17 templates and viewers have been released!

Grab them HERE
  2. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that besides the NXS17 templates and viewers, now we have released the NXS17 Mod as well!

Grab the latest files HERE
  3. Hello Guest,

We wanted to let you know that we are trying out a new feature at SRD. Your feedback is needed!

Read more about the chatbox HERE
  4. Hello Guest,

We are gauging interest in starting an online racing league.

Please take a moment and give your vote HERE. Thanks!

Your Random Thought

Discussion in 'General Community Discussion' started by MattyO, Dec 19, 2014.

1. MattyO

MattyO Well-Known Member Admin

2. mtblillie

mtblillie Well-Known Member

All drivers are brutally honest until their sponsors get involved or they are aiming for a position in the booth. Then all of a sudden everyone is their friend and they respect each other. KB has been lucky that his team and sponsor let him be himself, and since he isn't looking to be a broadcaster (at least not right now), he doesn't really have to worry about what people think of him.

joeykraus19 likes this.
  3. RacerXero84

RacerXero84 Obnoxious old fart

He honestly couldn't have summarized it better (whether he was being a smartass about it or not)

I personally would've added 'because he has a face that looks like it's requesting to be punched and an attitude to match', but that's just me lol

USSTalladega, pomcat and joeykraus19 like this.
  4. MrDude68

MrDude68 Occasional Backwards Driver

Kyle's looks like it's been punched too many times already

BrendonH12 and mtblillie like this.
  5. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

I actually just listened to this episode of PMT today at work, I loved the interview. They actually ended up having Kyle call Logano on the show so Big Cat and PFT could try to bury the hatchet and get unblocked by him on Twitter lol

6. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

Did it work?

7. dalejr88rox

dalejr88rox Raise hell, praise Dale, burn down Panera Bread Banned

Kinda lol. They asked if they could still call him Joey Slowgano and he was like "man I just like Logano" lol

USSTalladega likes this.
  8. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I love finding vids like this on youtube:

I could watch Nascar documentaries made by fans who do good work and attention to the details about the sport all day.

9. nascarfan9

nascarfan9 Category 5 Punicane.

I never realized just how fucking negligent NASCAR was when all that happened until I watched this last night.

USSTalladega likes this.
  10. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

I'm still watching it (5 mins in). I was pretty young back then so any signs I should have/could have seen I never would have noticed. Its nice to see this era and see it from a different perspective.

nascarfan9 likes this.
  11. nascarfreak88

nascarfreak88 Sarcasmus pessimus

Brock, nascarman history (which involves Brock quite a bit), and S1apShoes are fantastic resources for stuff like that. I recommend pretty much any of their videos.

It is a real shame. Especially when other forms of motorsport were already accepting of some of the safety innovations that were being spoken about after this string of accidents, most especially head restraint systems. When five people pass in less than two years, that's kind of red alert. Albeit, to be fair to NASCAR, a lot of resistance to head restraint came from the drivers (which today is massively annoying, Earnhardt of course being one of those), and it has paid off - they haven't seen a fatality in the top 3 series in basically 20 years. Pretty sure no one else can say the same.

12. SebaXRuiz

SebaXRuiz 6 Time SRD Pick'em race winner

OMG, They shot Mikey!!!

joeykraus19 likes this.
  13. mtblillie

I was rewatching a lot of the 2001 races recently and the commentators were talking a lot about the investigation and the head/neck restraints and asking the drivers how they felt and most of them were not in favor of having a head/neck restraint.

Reza Maulana and nascarfreak88 like this.
  14. EarnhardtFan

EarnhardtFan Residential Twitch Addict

Started watching The Good Place tonight, I was immediately hooked and just finished the first season like 10 minutes ago, it was great.

15. ahspencer01

ahspencer01 yikes

Ah, The Good Place is one of my favourite shows. I saw the trailer for it while I was aimlessly scrolling through Netflix and I got hooked instantly, too. Finished all 3 available seasons in about 2 weeks. Shame it's in its last season, but it's understandable cause I'm not sure where they could go after this season.

16. mtblillie

I have a 2 favorite shows on Amazon Prime, 1 favorite (and several that I like to watch) on CBS all access, 1 series that I really want to watch on Disney+, a former favorite on HBO, and several shows I watch on Netflix and Hulu. I currently only have Hulu and Netflix, so the rest I have to wait until it comes out to own...I hope they come up with a better way to stream stuff.

17. Hendrick9Fan

Hendrick9Fan Paint Crew Paint Crew

Been thinking of having my username changed for 2020. I think it’s time to stop using my real life name as my online alias not for any particular reason though I’m getting tired of seeing my name all over the world place, lol. Gonna try to come up with a username that I like and will keep forever. I definitely will NOT be bringing back any of my previous usernames here on SRD, lol. Those were too cringe worthy lmao.

I’ll also take suggestions for usernames too, since I’ve never been good at coming up with usernames.

mtblillie, BrendonH12 and joeykraus19 like this.
  18. BrendonH12

BrendonH12 Lover of Jesus! #CarolinaStrong Moderator

How about GoGators2020? ;)

Hendrick9Fan likes this.
  19. mtblillie

Chanty :D

Hendrick9Fan and nascarfan9 like this.
  20. Mystical

Mystical Always 110%

The Big 3

Hendrick9Fan and nascarfan9 like this.